1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX6rr WERA # Requirements

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vman2957, Jun 5, 2005.

1. vman2957

vman2957 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am going to race at summit point next week. I havent been to a race in some time. I have a 03 zx6rr and I have a 3 digit # I am wondering how people have been getting around the air scoop in the middle. I am thinking about putting 2 sets of smaller 4.5 in tall #'s on each side of the scoop. It seems that putting one set straight across would be trouble.

Any Suggestions?,

Thanks,
    V

2. vman2957

Pic of what I mean

Hers a pic of what I mean. I have overlaid the custom #'s I will have cut .

Attached Files:

3. GSXR600

GSXR600 Well-Known Member

Why not just do it on one side ?

I think you would likely be fine the way you have it in that picture........but i would just do one side, even only the yellow on one side.

I have a GSXR, front end like a bus, don't have the problem of you guys with the sexy new stuff

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You have 2 choices:

1. Make one plate above the scoop that uses the bottom of the screen

B. Use 2 plates.

Here is mine as an example.

[​IMG]

5. vman2957

Thanks much for the replies, that helps alot!

-Chris V

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's already painted - do numbers on both sides. If not painted used the lower portion of the widscreen and make it one centered plate - the rule will be changin next year for the Kawis and the RC's, we just can't read the goofball numbers and you don't use the screens anyway.

7. vman2957

Ouchy that will be one ugly looking set of #'s. On the windscreen ?. This is just for convo , the # scheme that I or ScottyRock155 is hard to read ? Just asking

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Is WERA as strict as CCS about the size of the numbers?

Im almost positive they require 8" block type numbers up front but the 7" does pass tech. On the cowl, you can get away with 6" numbers.