ZX6R Bodywork Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Quick question for people that run the 05/06 ZX6R. I am running Pilot Power PRC 120/70 fronts and the tire rubbed a hole right through the stock fender. Stock tire is a 120/65 so I'm guessing the increased height is what causes the rubbing.

My question is what front fender do people run with? I have a set of E-Racings bodywork but the fender is a direct copy of the stock fender so that also rubs. Even cut it back 1-1/2" but no luck. I want to pick up a new fender just not sure which one will work best.

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I raced an '05 for two seasons, and it's new owner has it on the track every weekend, with 120/70 rubber (first Michelin, then Pirelli, now sometimes Bridgestone).

You've got to be drilling your mounting holes too high on the fender legs. Try drilling new holes down the legs by 1/3".

3. Dave_SV

Were you running the stock front fender? I figured my mounting holes were too high, I just drilled them in the middle of the recessed mounts. There isn't really enough room to drill them lower without the held of the bolts contacting the sides of the recessed mounts.

4. Quik208

Quik208 Well-Known Member

I have run both the cheetah and attack front fender with a prc with no problem. I say get an attack one as they are having a 15% off sell.

5. Dave_SV

Yeah that's what I was guessing, thanks for the heads up :up:

6. Quik208

If you want I can give you the number to a local shop [they are 5 minutes away from attack] that will take good care of you.

7. Dave_SV

That would be awesome.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Catalyst Composites.

One thing to check, it's a longshot, but can you tell if the forks are the original ones for the bike?

9. Quik208

Sent you a pm dave.

10. Dave_SV

Yeah forks are original, just had them reworked by Catalyst Reaction a few weeks ago

Got your PM, will be giving him a call today :up:

11. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

got the e-racing on my 07 and I had no problems