1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX 14

Discussion in 'General' started by FastGsxrRider, Nov 14, 2006.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That's it, I'm suing now. RODGER!!!

2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

stock 9r? what were 60ft times (approx)?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Stock B2 model (1995). No special set-up, I rode it on the street and at track days just as it was.
    I'd have a 95% chance of lying if I gave you a 60-ft figure because I honestly don't remember. I am pretty sure it was in the 1.7s

4. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

shit. that's quick. i've been in the 1.7's about 10 of my 200 or so runs at the track when i was jackin around with that stuff in around '99. i was consistently in the mid 1.8's. all on totally stock suspension and tires (no straps or lowering or ext swingarms). i'll bet you've spent tons of time below 1.7 sec 60ft.

my proudest achievement was getting a bone stock '95 zx6r into the 10's back in '99. i know, i know...simple minds - simple pleasures.

but man that experience really helped on the starts when i started road racing.

5. sam386

sam386 Well-Known Member

I bling out my ZX14 with chrome trimmins and a 60" stretched swingarm:moon:

6. Retiredracer

Retiredracer Comeback trail

7. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried one on a roadrace track?

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think CU did on an oval, or was it SF? Did I read something about that JU in RW?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's really not that quick. I know it was in the 1.7s, but I am also certain it was at the high end of that range. My quickest 60-ft time was on my stock 93 V-Max, in the low 1.7s. But if you got a 95 zx6r in the tens, you were definitely better than I was. I never tried a 600, but I seriously doubt I could do that. I have never tried one of the really fast modern sport bikes either (say, 98 and later) on a dragstrip. I would have loved to get my hands on a Busa or ZX-12/14.

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Hey Papa.....wanna ride this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:eek:
    Did he cut the forks too?

12. Chip

Chip Registered

the forks are lowered internally.....but they still have about an inch of travel. The neck of the frame is cut and that is where the majority of the extra lowering came from....plus a set of custom 0 offset triples and a straight shock link. That bike is stupid light for a drag bike....

We built it totally from information we got off the internet...

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not really a fan of drag bikes. One of the things I enjoyed about going to the drag strip was the challenge of trying to get a sport bike to do something it wasn't designed or set up to do.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I want to run the pickup :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Automatic transmission? Where is the challenge? :Poke: :)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The only challenge is to see how many people I can cover in soot :D

17. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i feel a setup coming on....i know there is no way in hell i would beat gadson on the same bike same day no matter what. i don't care if i was throwing turnips at him as he launched the damn thing....he'd beat my time. i might just be a better bragger.

btw, the 6r was in the 10's only once. the 31st (and last) run of the night for that bike at a test and tune night. funny as hell...it was after (9) 11.0xx runs that night. i didn't care if i had to duct tape it to an alchohol car...it was gonna get into the 10's.

i could only get my dad's (then stock) v-max down to 1.832 60ft. the thing felt violently fast out of the hole...but i could never get the numbers. i have the bike now and it is a 'little' different now. (180rwhp, bored over, cams, hindle 4-1, chain conversion kit, r1 wheels/brakes) i'd like to get it down the the strip just out of curiosity.

i did get his bone stock '01 zx-12 to 1.775sec 60ft...only yielded a 10.1@142. i woulda liked to have been able to say i got it into the 9's.

i've also run a 9r, vtr1000, fj1200, cbr600, fzx700 (fazer). all for the same reason you said. to ride a bike to the track....run a bike that wasn't meant to be there against guys lowered, strapped, ext swingarms, etc....beat them....then drive home....giggling.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D

Not at all. I honestly don't think I could have put a 600 of that era into the 10s. As much as I feared no one out to the hole on the Vmax, I was really not that good on the sport bikes. I think I got the Vmax down to 1.72. I would be very surprised if I found a slip that showed I ever went faster than 1.79 or 1.78 on the 9R. I just got lucky twice. The one time with Gadson, and another time when I was actually marginally quicker than that, but not on the same bike (a '96 that time, still bone stock).

Other than those two runs, I was always in the 1.8s, sometimes are lousy as 1.9s. Consistency wasn't my best attribute. But I never got more than 10 to 12 runs in one evening (eight passes was already a good night, a bad one could be as low as three or four)

Your father's Vmax sounds absolutely frightening in its current state. I would give my left nut for a chance to launch that thing.

19. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

do you remember time/speed on the v-max? it was stock, right? because i was really dissappointed back then (when it was stock) that it felt the fastest of all the bikes...but was actually the slowest. i could only get 11.5@117. maybe it was because of the upright seating position....just felt like it was catapulting me forward at launch.

maybe it coulda gone faster. i only did 6 runs total on the v-max. 5 of the 6 were all within 0.2sec of each other, though...so i don't think i was gonna improve a bunch.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am certain I ran at least low 11.3s on the Vmax, I am not sure if I ever went faster. That was 13 years ago and I am beginning to get some of those bikes mixed up. I want to say trap speed was about 118. I was disappointed as well. I was really wondering how the magazines got that thing into the 10s ET.