1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first race weekend

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Suburbanrancher, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

All you need to do to complete a weekend is one event total.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, you can do one race on a weekend or ten if you choose.

3. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

Just to make sure I understand, would two races on the same weekend qualify me for the bump to Novice or do I need to complete at least one race on one weekend and at least one more race on a completely different weekend?

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It would be two seperate weekends. So you could do one race per weekend over two weekends, though I'd recommend doing a few more and getting a good feel for the program without worrying about your results.

Personally, I've really enjoyed doing Saturday solo races because you get a good amount of seat time and plenty of laps to get settled in.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, two different weekends. The whole idea is for you to get experience. In all reality there is no major difference between PN and NV other than the shirt.

6. tightR1

tightR1 Well-Known Member

Great write up

Great info!:up::up:

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

This thread needs to be a "sticky"!! Great info for new guys.

If my buddies weren't there to guide me the first weekend, I would have been completely lost. Hell, I still was to an extent. lol

8. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

Lets say I take the WERA class on Friday and get my race license. What do I need for numbers on the bike? Can I do one race with my current numbers and white background? Or, do I need to have a full set of vinyl black numbers and some yellow spray paint?

Of course I'll have the bright green shirt on, so no one will think I'm an expert :)

9. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I've seen yellow duct tape with electrical tape numbers pass tech. LOL

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Background will need to be yellow but as Gorilla said, duct tape works and we'll give you a temp number that is easy to make (11, 77, and so on).

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Now who the heck would do something like that?

[​IMG]

:D

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Isn't the riders school always on Sat? Isn't the PN shirts bright orange?
    Just curious....it was 2 years ago.

13. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

Thanks for the info, will purchase some yellow duct tape :)

14. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Last year, I ran the Ed Bargy school in Feb @ Tally. I did the school on Friday. (Counts as your first race) Then I ran 1 race on Sunday @ with my orange shirt on. (My second race) My next race was the National round at Roebling roads, and I did not need my shirt. WERA mailed my license to me before the Roebling round. I will admit that I sandbagged on Sunday at Tally to make sure I "passed".

See you out there!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  15. As far as gate fees, if I bring a guest to one of my races does the guest pay a fee as well?

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it's per person.

17. Jstu202

Jstu202 Bow to me! I drag knee!

Great idea and great write up.