You people seem to like guns so lets talk about em

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Jul 30, 2017.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Same magazine. It only came with one, but Sig has a promo going on for two free mags, so I have two more on the way. I may stop at the store today and see if they'll give me a different one to try.

Got a PM from a beeber who had the same issue with target rounds, so maybe it's just a quirk.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I think you've got a munged up mag. See if they have a rental eunuch you can swap mags with to test.

JBraun and terminus est like this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

New holster came in. 99% of the time I'm wearing a leather belt and kaki's or something figured this would look more natural than a tacticool black holster

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 2.09.31 PM.png

terminus est and Lawn Dart like this.
  4. Steak Travis

Got the 1903a3 in today . I appear to have gotten a solid rifle for a good price. Excited to pop some hogs with it

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Nice holster. Who makes it?

6. Steak Travis

https://www.blackarchholsters.com

It's my second one from them, I really like them. I got an alien gear OWB cause it was cheaper but it took them 3 weeks to mail. Screw that.

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I've put over 500rds thru my 938 with no hiccups and 2 mags. Used Winchester and blazer practice rounds. Sig should make it right, sounds like that one mag is messed up somehow.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Thinking I'm gonna end up with my buddy's AR now. Sig w/ magpul furniture. Just can't decide what optics I wanna put on it. Drop the coin on an eotech setup or a vortex strike eagle or a 1-4x with red dot on top (can't remember the name of it).

9. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

What kind of shooting are you planning on doing? Hunting? Home defense? Target or Three gun?

10. Jedb

Thanks, I ordered one appendix and one IWB.
    Tried to colour it so that should my shirt come up, that it matches skin tone (sand/desert/fde-ish)

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

If you have any active duty friends, Vortex gives some pretty deep discounts.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have an Eotech on my Kriss Vector and a cheap Tru-glow on my M&p 15. With the Tru-glow I can fire with both eyes open, with the Eotech I have to close one eye. I have no idea why, maybe it's because the Tru-glow is a tube style red dot? While the Eotech is top notch quality and looks cool, I have buyers remorse with it.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Primarily distance at targets. Will also be used on occasion for coyote hunting but that is secondary. Buddy is trying to talk me into doing three gun with him. It I just don't see either of us dropping the coin on a good tactical shotty anytime soon. After shooting both the eotech and strike eagle, I find the eotech much easier to shoot with but I'm sure as I increase my distances, that 6x zoom will prove its worth. Admittedly, I also like the eotech simply for tacticool factor.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Huh? The XPS is dead nuts easy to shoot both eyes open. It's designed for it. Sometimes people make the mistake of focusing on the reticle and not on their target.

terminus est likes this.
  15. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Sounds like a good setup. Getting what you want should be a factor because a good shot should be able to perform regardless. Being comfortable with the firearm and its operation is what you want, then you don't have to think, just do.

Bikes are comparable.

16. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

What's everyone's opinion on a 1911 as a first handgun and what brand/caliber would be best? I'm planning on getting something in the next year or so just for target shooting.

17. Jedb

If you haven't, go shoot one. usually the ranges rent all kinds of guns so you can find what you like.
    You may want to state your budget, as 1911s can range from $500ish to $5K.

I know folks like 'em, and love 'em, It's not that I hate it, it's just kinda 'meh' for me.
    I'd rather shoot an HK-USP, Sig-226/229/320, CZ, Beretta 92F/FS/S/M9/M9A1, S&W 610 Revolver or something that's not a 1911 (nor a glock)

TheGrouchyCat and pickled egg like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I knew I liked you. :beer:

Jedb likes this.
  19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I love my Kimber Gold Match II. It is the only dem-auto handgun I've owned and is my carry gun. The 1911 is an iconic design and revolutionized handgun. That being said, the.45 is a heavier recoil(slower to get back on target) and only allows for 7-8 shots before reloading. A lot of people aren't comfortable carry cocked & locked either.
    My next handgun will be a CZ75B(or an ambidextrous saftey variation). I shot one a few weeks back and really liked it. Fast back on target, lower recoil and over twice the capacity. I also won't feel bad about the wear it will get from carrying, but my Kimber still looks new.

20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Can't go wrong with a 1911.