You make stupid decisions

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

Baby eater.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Go vegan! :D

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You are so wrong on so many levels.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

There is nothing wrong with an unwed mother. The problem lies with people are who are depended on the government due to the choices they made in their life.

5. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

And unfortunately as you and others so often either fail to see or fully understand, Being an unwed mother very often puts you in the later group you identified.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You can't divorce the cause from the effect.

7. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

I wonder what is wrong with me. That's not what I'm teaching my daughters. Am I not enlightened?

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Show me where?
    I'm merely arguing that lack of responsibility has drawbacks.
    Wishing and hoping love and a painless existence for everyone doesn't take away the realities of life.
    You live with the results of your actions, and sometimes those results are painful. Removing that pain from the equation just guarantees that the wrong actions will increase.
    Though our legal system, we use personal punishment to maintain societal order, so the concept is well-founded in practicality.

9. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

I see I got the nomenclature wrong. :D It's "the worst generation" not "the generation that failed". Just for fun I googled - the worst generation - I was surprised at how much there was.

It astounds me too the same way.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with an unwed mother, it's thinking that there's nothing wrong with an unwed mother that causes the problem. :p

And there's a problem with young women that think it's okay and many just choose that as a path.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The problem is not wed or unwed. The problem is the concept that their value as a human being will be confirmed by having a child they cannot support.

Add to that an entertainment industry that marginalizes two parent families, portrays fathers as unnecessary at best, evil at worst and you have the perpetuation of a permanent underclass. Somehow it always works out for the single moms in the movies and on TV.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

think about the number of sitcoms that portray Dad as a buffoon.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I considered buffon to be somewhere between unneccesary and evil.:D