1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yosh EMS question

Discussion in 'General' started by Doublrs, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

If you disconnect the battery from the bike for say 10 mins will it reset anything that the Yosh Ems programmed into the bike?....I want to install a power commander and they suggested I do this before connecting it....

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nope,You will need to reprogram the EMS manually.

3. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

soooo if I plug in the power commander with the yosh map on the EMS will it mess anything up? (this would be using a map off their website)

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I doubt it will hurt anything, might be very rich though.You should get it to a dyno, with an operator that knows mapping.I belive our boy Huffdaddy has one on the way.

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Double-does your bike have the yosh box on it now or is the stock box plugged in?

6. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

You will need to map the bike on a dyno for best results. The stock box if reprogramed will need a custom map. A downloaded map will work but will not be right it most likely will be rich on the top end. The power commander changes the fuel curve of the stock box.

7. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

Thanks for all the help guys....I am just going to replace the current ECU with one from another bike that is stock and go from there.....I can see the pluses to the yosh box but in my opinion some of its functions blow compared to the pc3

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Huff, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a PC or EMS on the bike, unplug it, and plug the stock box back up, isn't the stock map going to fuel the bike just like if an aftermarket box was never there?

9. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

na the yosh box isnt attached but it was yosh mapped by someone before I got the bike....it is very rich on idle and cleans up as the rpms are up in the revs......it is fine for the track I guess since most of the time revs are up up really high BUT I wanted to make it better on the low end as well....

There are no problems with running a bike too rich is there besides the fact that it will use more gas and build up carbon desposits on the plugs and exhaust exit?.......but running to lean will damage the motor correct?...

10. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

from all the research I have done I think the yosh ems actually overwrites what is in the stock ecu and the only way to fix it is to yosh map back to the zero map :mad:

11. HFD1Motorsports

He has had the stock ecu reprogramed with a yosh box it reflashes the chip inside for the fuel settings. The downloaded maps do no count for the differant settings so they can be off and not perform as they should. Not that the download maps are perfect my no means. The pc is just doing what it is told it is all plus or neg. numbers.

12. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

changing the ecu will fix the prob correct?....I can get one off ebay for 25 bucks and not have to mess with this crap again......

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

That makes sense. I thought he had an actual yosh ems box on the bike, which didn't make sense. Thanks.

14. HFD1Motorsports

IF the download map is close then yes but I have seen a ton of garbage for downloaded maps in bikes to. I wish you were closer I could clean it up in about 5 mins.... while it is running

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You get it?

Charlie, did you get the dyno yet?I have work for you.

16. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

I was actually talking about changing out the entire black box with another one....this is all that the yosh box alters correct....then I will be able to do whatever

17. HFD1Motorsports

yes if the stock one has not been messed with at the dealer...... the drama moves forward..... You can use the one you have just will need to dyno map it to make it perfecto which you need to do anyway. One more plus to reprograming the stocker you know what it is doing...Not taking for granted that it is programed a certian way...to make the download map work. Lee's performance should be able to help you out up there..

18. HFD1Motorsports

Gary it is being made in ohio and sould be done real soon...Now if I can just get the shop finished...Darn BBS:)

19. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

Thanks bro....I dont have the cash for a custom map at the moment so I am just going to replace the box and then later fine tune it at Lees (yep right down the street from me)