Yeti cuts ties to NRA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by noeyes, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That they like to lay pipe? :confused:

Hawk518 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

cav115 likes this.
  3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Bison Coolers is taking advantage of it also. 8BC80305-E790-4190-86CF-59C94CD97127.jpeg

BHP41 and XFBO like this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The need !@#$#@!$@ wheels on a cooler that weighs a @#$%#$@ ton

Shenanigans and wmhjr like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hand truck....

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's my only complaint on my Yeti: The f@cker is too heavy to haul any great distance.

oh, and that it doesn't take stickers all that well.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no complaints about mine. Still can't justify buying one since I never use a cooler :D

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Yeti is HQd in Austin, I'm thinking your gut is spot on.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When I go dog racing I don't have one in the RV nor do I want to carry one. At the track I just use the fridge :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Want or not, sounds like you need one. They make small foldable types.

In the RV I've got the fridge and the 12v cooler/freezer outside as well. Don't do anything other than racing so no need for anything else :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Based on the NRA not being able to back up that claim, and the statements put out by Yeti, I'm now pretty well convinced this is simply untrue. It's looking more and more like Yeti simply did away with an entire discount program that included a whole bunch of different groups- however they reportedly are still associated with the NRA foundation. I'm hearing that the groups that lost the discount were in no way "conservative" or "anti 2A". Looks to me like the NRA jumped the gun and went whole hog so fast that they now afraid to walk it back.

JBraun likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could very well be, seems odd they couldn't get a response from Yeti to that effect though.

13. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Actually they did get a response from Yeti to that effect.

They simply couldn't get a cogent response from the NRA - period.

14. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

It is very possible that Yeti is trying to dodge bullets fired by the NRA who just screwed up, and that Yeti is trying to figure out how to call out the NRA for being dumba$$es without further alienating NRA members.

15. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

And - BTW - again, I am a LONG standing NRA member, and I don't own a single Yeti item. No way I'm paying their prices.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

NRA's release said they asked and got no response from Yeti - repeatedly. I'm not talking about after they sent out the release.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And it's very possible Yeti fucked up and is trying to backpedal....

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not a member nor will I buy Yeti stuff. So don't really have a dog in this fight either way

19. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

NRA claimed to have not gotten a response. However, when media asked for the information, crickets from the NRA. Nothing. No evidence that what they're saying was true. On the other hand, Yeti did. Soo....... like I said - it really looks to me like the NRA seriously screwed up and slammed one of their supporters - who has documented that they still support the NRA foundation according to reports - and potentially took revenue away from them. I'm pretty disappointed in the NRA right now. If what they claimed is true, show the proof. If they did, they'd be able to slam the door on Yeti. The fact that they have not speaks volumes to me.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

All this points to the stupidity of basing business decisions on which way the political wind is blowing today. Sell your product and STFU.