Yet Another Race Bike

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rwood64083, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

If not, I'll bring it back and might be able to get it to Memphis with Wisch.
    Or hit up Joe Barton

2. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Much obliged. No rush, it's a winter project, I'd just like to get it by GNF.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

True, but if we can get it done with little effort may as well do so. :up:

4. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Plus I will just have a car and small trailer at GNF.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Lol
    It's not the drugs, unless blood pressure and cholesterol pills do something to ya. It's this apple computer music player thingamajig.

I loved my sv, mine was blue with an orange fender. They sound awesome......almost as good as a duc.

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

At least the SV drain plug will stay in! It must be the rice instead of the pasta???:Poke:

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

No its just that the cheaper Suzuki bolt will hold up but that 4 times the cost Pasta bolt cant take the vibration.

Did I mention I have a new PASTA paint line, DiGregorio special. Its primo gabish!

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

There you go talking in tongues again :D

9. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I was thinking that same thing after reading the other post What wants?
    LOL :Poke:

10. rwood64083

So Dennis, you were kind of right (in a way) but not really. Although it's not a Honda I would think you would want to shove it into that classification with all of us that run Honda(s) :D

Chuck, whatcha think? Kaw green, white plates, number '15's? :crackup:

Believe it or not, I was thinking of Mongo when I bought this thing :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I got a shiny nickel that says that little Honda puts you on the ground before the season ends. Those little bikes are crazy........Yoshi had one.

12. rwood64083

You may be right. I rode it a couple of times and it's stupid fast for the size. If I'm not mistaken it tops out around 50mph. I chickened out around the parking lot at work cause it wasn't a smooth riding area. Little bastid' wants to wheelie easily even when I'm putting front weight on it. I don't think I'm gonna be opening it up without some leathers and gloves on. At least it'll be a short fall :crackup:

13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I had a Polini like that and it would leave darkies out of the corner and power wheelie if you were not carefull....I was playing around one day and came off the back, got rashed and sold the damn thing before it got worse.

I had it shipped to my work. The day it came I had preplanned it to arrive so I had a jug of mixed fuel handy. Everyone though it was cute and perfect for there kid. I said it isnt a toy.....

One guy rode it and wrecked into his own car lol....

14. rwood64083

:crackup:

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

WTF?!!! lol

16. rwood64083

It'll be a tough one to get use to riding around the pits (thinking clown outfit would be appropriate)... but it sure is gonna make up for it when it comes to space (transport, loading, unloading). And super simple to carry it out the side door of the trailer... or back seat floor board of the truck :D

17. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

Nice! Can't wait to see it at Road A...

18. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

One of my works and most painful crashes was on one very similar. I took safety equipment for granted do to its size....soooo much road rash....soo much.

19. rwood64083

General concensus is I'm gonna hurt myself, there may be a pool on how long it takes to happen, road rash is eminent (without PPE), and there's a preconceived notion I'll be getting rid of it soon [​IMG]

Was thinking of stripping bodywork, painting and decals to resemble a mini-me SeaBee bike but kinda wondering if I should wait till I crash it a few times after reading responses. I'm gonna need more Jack and diet coke :D

20. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I can't figure out where to put my knees!