yes, Justice Scalia, you were wrong

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ton, Sep 3, 2014.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

People around here like to invoke the "don't push your morals on me" thing a lot here, the moral fairness part is strictly personal opinion. The morals of the aggrieved should be the only ones considered.

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Find me similar cases in the state level. you are the one who posted it...so go for it. I ask for others similar to WHAT YOU POSTED, and i am the one who is dense? got it! :crackup:

Dont be an asshat...nothing works in all scenarios. I would think not killing somebody would be a better "error on the side of caution" though.

Dont twists my words, like your panties...saving money is another part of it...the morality aspect is something completely a different topic.

Yes, really! Are military capital trial and appeals process the same as the ones found in the states?

So, did you look up the cost of the two, or are you still going to spew out your bullshit?

You also never answered my question...How do you determine "where there is no doubt?"

3. flamed03r1

flamed03r1 Well-Known Member

you worked there and you're still making such a stupid argument? I know many that have worked and currently work in prisons and none have the same f'd views that you have. Actually most say the system is completely fucked and after someone comes in for a minor crime, they expect to see them somewhere down the road for something more serious. But hey, keep riding that moral high horse because you're saving the tax payers money..

Exactly how much more specific do I need to be? Where is the subjectivity in the case I posted? And stop deflecting to the military and answer the question. Or just compare the school/theater shootings? Better?

This is what I was talking about fixing. And No, I wasn't telling YOU to fix it. You seem to be the one spewing bs, I'm applying logic. Maybe you can try after you finish riding your unicorn.

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

so, then tell me. What purpose does the death penalty serve?

You asked a question and i answered...that in no way makes it that one is pushing their morals on you.
    If you want...i can give you all the stats you want about how death penalty is more expensive. on how the state does make mistakes. I think that would be way past the moral issue.

5. In Your Corner

Punishment equal to the crime.

6. flamed03r1

How the fuck did I not answer it in the scenarioS that I posted? Where is the doubt?

I'm twisting words here? :crackup:

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

you worked there and you're still making such a stupid argument? I know many that have worked and currently work in prisons and none have the same f'd views that you have. Actually most say the system is completely fucked and after someone comes in for a minor crime, they expect to see them somewhere down the road for something more serious. But hey, keep riding that moral high horse because you're saving the tax payers money..

That is their opinion. just like it is mine. Why dont you work there and then form your own opinion without the hearsay bullshit? Yes, I understand the revolving door that corrections is. that is not the issue here.

Exactly how much more specific do I need to be? Where is the subjectivity in the case I posted? And stop deflecting to the military and answer the question. Or just compare the school/theater shootings? Better?

It is one case! how much more subjective can you get! point out the cases and I will. there is no deflection. I am simply pointing out your apples to cucumbers comparisons.

This is what I was talking about fixing. And No, I wasn't telling YOU to fix it. You seem to be the one spewing bs, I'm applying logic. Maybe you can try after you finish riding your unicorn.

what logic? show me the stats...they are there.

something tells me you have sat on a "unicorn" or two. I doubt it was on its back
    . :crackup:

You still have not answered anything that i have asked you...why are you deflecting?

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

answer my question(s) flamer..

you want me to list all that I asked?

You posted one (unrelated) scenario and asked me to research others...you didnt post them. now post them and hurry up with it. My unicorn is getting restless.

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

and when you "punish" the innocent?

10. In Your Corner

That's a different matter. I'm assuming guilt here.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

it isnt that clear cut and dry.

12. flamed03r1

I referenced more...

Recent school shootings, Virginia, movie theater...

I've about reach the limit of interest in discussing this with you. I'm beginning to think if you were watching a murder take place in front of you in broad daylight, 5 feet away with 3 T.V. crews filming it; you would STILL claim that there is "doubt" and the murder should be kept in prison until he dies. :rolleyes:

Serious question and try to answer in a non homophobic way if possible...never mind, I don't think you have the ability...

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

what about them? which one of those are sitting on death row or got the death penalty?

Where does that start and begin with you? Where does "oh he did it for sure" start and where does "he might have done it" start? simple question. We can all create scenarios of broad daylight shootings caught on hidef cameras and such. There are a few cases of exonerated death row inmates where there are witnesses who said they saw it and such.

What could you possibly want to ask me, on a topic of death row, that i might find homophobic? Ya, dont ask. I might not have the ability not to barf.

14. In Your Corner

In many cases, it is.
    Exonerating a small percentage doesn't exonerate all, or even most of them.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

we cant play the ratios game here.
    It has to be 100 percent accurate. even 4 percent of innocent death row inmates is too much. it isnt like we can give them the needle and then recant after they die.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What we need is a cryo prison like Demolition Man.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

No, flamerboy and everyone like him will still think that is the same as keeping them alive.
    I would think the process would would also cost more than 40 bucks a day (what it costs to house a maximum cell inmate)

Freezing them would be the easy way out. :D

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Flamed, I'm not sure where you actually come down on the whole "penalty" thing. I think I understand what Sheik's opinion on life in prison or the death penalty is but I'm not sure how you feel about it. (All this back and forth between the two of you has confused me.) :)

Is it your opinion that someone receive the death penalty even when there is a possibility that they may not be actually guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt and when it is actually cheaper to just chuck them into a cell? If we knew that that person would never be released would that make a difference?

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

And an added bonus is they are easier to feed in to the tree chipper when frozen!:D

20. In Your Corner

Why not apply that to all crime?
    There is certainly a percentage of innocent men in prison, so how can we, in good conscience, put anyone in prison?
    They just might be innocent.