1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yates..??

Discussion in 'General' started by Cody W., Feb 21, 2011.

1. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

does he have a ride this year?

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

No, pretty sure he is still recovering from injurieshe got last year.

3. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Yup, his ride is to recover and help the new guys get up to speed on the Jordan and National Gaurd GSXRs.

4. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Shame Yikes can't ride yet. Saw him lay a sm bike down on its side sliding and totally crashed and throw his outer leg straight up in the air and gas it. Saved it and wheelied away. Coolest thing I've ever seen on a motorcycle. Hall of Famer one day.

5. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

that sucks...hoped he would be better by this time...

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I also saw him kick a leg out and connect with another rider after they both crashed.

You stay classy San Diego....:)

7. evil smile

evil smile Well-Known Member

fucking john ulrich!

8. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Maybe Fania can get Yates' ride?

:P

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You know, I have to snicker to myself every time I see Yates mentioned in RRW. It always says: Yates is out recovering from a broken leg after being run over by "another rider". I know they have to be impartial and all, but:Poke:

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Ulrich had nowhere to go. :confused:

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You know CU feels abs horrible about it. There was no where for him to go, he had no way to avoid AA. I am sure John is trying to spare him.

12. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna Double A Ron punch you in the ovary!

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

maybe you and Yates can go race each other.....out on Whore Island :eek:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

John's not trying to spare Chris, it's SOP for the magazine. Both riders know what happened and why and know nothing could have been done about it.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? What did John do?

16. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Does anyone know exactly what his leg injury consists of?

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Great big-assed broken bone.

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Knowing Yates that was at Mid-Ohio... He always seems to ride awesome there.

19. sowega

sowega #710

I bet he's just cruising around Milledgeville in that awesome-ass van he used to take to races.

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Wow! We're not doing anything differently based on who was involved. You geniuses want me to blame every rider who has hit a guy who crashed right in front of him, every time? Am I supposed to start with the USGPRU kid from Indy or the WERA kid from VIR? Or the guys from the Moto2 race the weekend after Indy? Or Tommy Hayden from the WERA F-USA weekend at Pocono back in the day?

There's already a guy (obviously not a racer) with a website who claims Chris hit Aaron on purpose; he doesn't explain exactly how he was supposed to miss Aaron in the exact set of circumstances he faced. I saw Chris come in, white as a ghost, right after the incident. I also know the outcome could have been much, much worse. I'm sorry Aaron fell off right in front of Chris and got hurt, but I'm also glad the body part that got run over was a leg and not something more critical to survival, like the neck or head or chest. We both visited Aaron in the hospital a couple days later.

I also wish Aaron's recovery had gone better, and that the original surgery had included stronger plates or something.

Often I love visiting this place. Other times I just gotta shake my head at the epic stupidity.