1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yam R5 frame, anyone?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by charles, Apr 22, 2016.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Anyone need, want, or insanely desire a Yamaha R5 frame? It's been sitting here for years and really should be put to use. It has some road parts still on it, so those come with it, you could sell them on eBay or at a yard sale or wherever. I am planning on Roebling Road on 28 MAY, I will bring it. Any takers?

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'm interested and close to Roebling.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Interested or can't live without it? It's yours if you want it, first come first serve. Are you coming, then, to Roebling on 28 May? It has a nice taillight, oil tank, wiring, chrome fenders, rear foot peg mount and pegs…I also have a RD350 gear set and some spare gears if you want them, and also RD350 c/s sprockets, maybe some other things i will look for, the very last of my old air-cooled stuff…all your for free if you want it, but you gotta show up or I send my people...

4. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Yes, I want it and have no problem going to Roebling in May. Will you be there the whole weekend or just the 28th? Stickboy is my people, so I have that going for me, I think...

5. charles

charles The Transporter

U de Man…I know Stickboy, he lets me borrow his Bridgestone lifesize rubber dolls…I will be there only on Saturday, for the huge record-breaking vintage turnout…as mentioned, i probably have a few more R5/Rd things i will bring them…now, will you be there on Saturday?

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I will make sure I am there Saturday morning! Thanks!

7. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I'll be there Saturday and i'll take it all if Stumpy bails.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

I hope you can put it to good use!

9. charles

charles The Transporter

I'll be waiting….you and Stumpy can slug it out, or bring fifteen inch screwdrivers...

10. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

JIS, Phillips, or slotted?

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Phillips is best, just dab some mercury or blowfish poison in the grooves…add panache to your efforts!

12. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

That or grab one of Stick's ginger tire irons. Knocks the soul right out of people.

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Stab, slash, gouge, crush, burn, shoot, or beatdown…I want to see 'medieval' !!!

14. yamageezer

Medieval you say? I guess I'll be bringing Leprosy and the Bubonic Plague with me then. ;)

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'd think the British guy would have the "medieval" advantage.....almost like second nature.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Suits me fine…I'll watch from a distance.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

I think so too…kinda 'built in' to their systems.

18. yamageezer

I'm just sitting back waiting for the dental hygiene comments now. :Pop:

19. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

HA!....I'll just flip the other way Dean...

Stumpy is up near Clemson in SC I think....."Medieval" Middleton Vs Stumpy the Rebel...ding ding.....here are your screwdrivers gentlemen, good luck. :)

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Why? something wrong with yer teeth? If you come to Roebling, I'll bring my 'dentistry kit' to fix any issues…bring something to soothe yourself afterwards.