1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XML Programmer Needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Trev230EX, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Well I need a good XML programmer that can incorporate our local RETS/IDX listing feeds into my website. Looking for someone that can really make a custom solution for me. Most of the big companies out there have these huge framed solutions that are terrible with SEO and all look the same across the internet.

There are a few local companies that have the experience but I would rather give the business to a WERA member if they are up to the task.

I need to incorporate the feeds into two of my blogs.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

*scratch head*

There isn't really one single field called "XML programming", and I'd be wary of anyone billing themselves as specifically an "XML programmer". At least, I've never heard of anyone knowledgeable calling themselves that.

What you want is more likely a PHP or ASP.NET programmer, who's got some experience working with XML. Those are actually programming languages.. XML is just a way of storing text-based data. Do you know what language your site is written in? (blahblah.php is PHP, blahblah.asp means ASP, blahblah.aspx means ASP.NET)

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the days when people we looking for jobs with resumes that included "webmaster" and "HTML Developer"

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That takes me back to the days of looking at people like they had a third eye when they would walk into my office and say..."The internet is down."

I used to tilt my head and say...."The whole internet?"

5. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that your blogs are most likely PHP-based (most popular OS blog software is), so you're actually looking for a PHP developer who understands how to ingest and parse XML feeds. What you're looking to do isn't very difficult, but definitely would change the name of the position you're looking for, cause right now it seems like you're looking for a person who will do tedious markup all day long.

6. bus

bus Monkey with a football

I used that one yesterday. They still don't get it.

7. Major Shithead

Major Shithead Active Member

How do you think I got my job? :)