XB-RR Ruins Moto-GP Weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by BMWIVAN, Jun 30, 2006.

1. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

I would really like to see some 125 and 250GP at Laguna, not the EHMEH "support" races they have scheduled. Heck I can go see our series anywhere, anytime.

So now Buell has announced they will have teams at Laguna, which I predict will oil the track, and spoil some aspect of the bikes I will be there to see.:down:

Don't get me wrong, I think the Buells should race AMA, but I don't think the AMA should be part of the GP weekend.:mad:

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26256

2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

+1

Bring on the 250s and 125s and leave the AMA out of it

3. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

Hey, hey, if the AMA didn't run with the GP then I wouldn't be able to go for free. This may not mean much to you but it is important to me.:D

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

:stupid:

It's why we don't bother going to Laguna. Plus, since we're on the East Coast it really isn't that much more to fly to Europe and see the real show, especially with the hotel gouging, etc that's been going on out in CA.

- Roach

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:

6. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

Yeah, the only reason I go is because I grew up about 1/2 hour away, and I get to stay with/visit my family while I am there. If it wasn't for that I think I would go to the Italian GP, rent a bike, and really have some fun.:beer:

7. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

Sure are selfish for a Pixies fan, but I guess that is to be expected.:D

8. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

Then if you are electronic media and want press creds you have to pay DORNA $1200 for that event! I don't think that the print media has to pay the fee, only electronic. Just one of the reasons I won't be going again this year.

9. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

Can you get anywhere with those press creds? And you get the rights to publish anything you record right? If that is the case then I would think for most media pros it would be worth the 1200 duckets. Are there any other major international events you attend? What do these cost if anything?

10. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

That's $1200 per EVENT! $1200 a year I could swallow, $1200 an event I can not. I don't have the revinue to support that. When I was freelancing $1200 was about what I was paid to cover the event. All expences came out of my pocket. I have been to a couple WSBK races, no MotoGP yet, though I'm working on going to Portugal and Valencia at the end of the year.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Then why isn't the title of this thread "AMA Ruins Moto-GP Weekend"?

12. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

why would they stop oiling it down now? they do at every club race (CCS ones at least)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

For people with an interest in the sport you're being pretty short sighted. The exposure that the AMA gets in a joint event with MotoGP can only help the sport.

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

they let us guys w/ "AMA Pro racing" credentials get in????

if so i'm going !!!!!!

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Not if they include those nasty HD step-children. If we can't exclude the majority of motorcycle riders in the US, at least we can do our darndest to offend `em...

16. Crash.net and I were turned down by Dorna...............:Puke:

17. Even the AMA media reps have NO say on the matter of credentials..........

18. no luck finding help with creds.........I guess I'll be climbing damn trees again.........BUGGER!!!!!

I figured with a cover last year, that would help out...........NOPE

19. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

I was eyeballin a big conifer next to the media center last year I wonder if it's still there?:D

Laguna rocks!! Not a better place to watch a race in this country!:up:

20. when my creds were denied, I really considered not going..........but damn something is pulling me there.........bought my ticket this morning....4am......:eek: