1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 xdrive

Discussion in 'General' started by tdelegram, Jun 27, 2021.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

My wife wants to down size from her navigator to an x3 xdrive.

1. Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad?

2. Does BMW do friends and family codes like Ford, and if so anyone got one?

thanks in advance.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’s kind of boring.

We looked at one but we ended up with the Q.

It came down to the X3s in the lot all had that bmw pleather, the sales manager was a wank pheasant and the Audi dealership was closer and I like the service manager. Also hated the shifter in the X.

As for a discount, check online for 4th of July deals but you’re not gonna get much more then a low apr deal and/ or a cash off deal if anything. The x3 was one of bmws best sellers in the us so they are going to maximize what they can squeeze out of you.

tdelegram likes this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Fuck BMW and Mercedes with that pleather. Half the people driving those cars are convinced they have leather. Audi seems to be the only one that actually does

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

You finally traded in the CX-9? Which Q did you get ? RSQ8?

~sent from mobile

Phl218 likes this.
  5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I haven't spent any time in BMWs lately with fake leather, but I'll say Mercedes 'MBTex' fake leather is amazing. I'd probably prefer it to the actual leather if they came with the ventilated seats option. For Mercedes I had to step to real leather to get ventilated seats.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Most BMWs outside of M cars drive pretty terrible. They have taken over from MB as the German Muscle Car Maker.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’ll never happen, gonna drive the Mazda until it dies. Lol

Bought a Q5 a few years ago to replace the A3 cabrio.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

MB tex is the shits tits. better than "real leather" in all aspects , minus the downsides. oh well, if you would like the smell, you just need one of these:
    [​IMG]

i drove a 335 xi last year as a rental and after 2 h in those seats i swore to myself i'd never buy a BMW.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Audi leather is stiff and does not feel anything like that that awesome moo skin they use in a lexus but at least it ain't pleather and it smells like leather. :D

VW does the same thing as MB and BMW and you almost have to fight in order to actually get hamburger wrapper in a car.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

my Audi's leather is really soft :D but it's also 8 years old already ;)

11. Critter

Critter Registered

The wife has had two of them the first one was ok but slow... She has the M model now and it goes good... Not as fast as my SRT Jeep but handles good... Be prepared to buy a shit ton of tires if you get the M model like front tires every 15 K

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Got the wife a GLE. As we were building it, sales guy asked if we wanted MB-Tex (German for pleather?) or leather. Wife said she wanted to feel the difference. They had a couple on the lot…some with leather and some without. I told her to sit in a couple and don’t look at the sticker. She liked the MB-Tex better. Cool…gonna save a couple bucks. When I told her that, she said, I don’t care…I want leather.

Boman Forklift and Thunderace like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:eek:
    Rookie

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i love me some risk as well.

BigBird likes this.
  15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Only a married dude could say that :rolleyes:

Phl218 likes this.
  16. 8nthatk

8nthatk Well-Known Member

Genesis is doing slick things with the GV70.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Fuck all those Euro Douche SUVs.

Got me a 2020 Highlander Hybrid in Dec. it is rated at 36 mpg and I’m getting between 40-41. I set it in ECO mode and do 70-75 in a 55.

Fuck premium gas.

18. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Pick car you want and then ask about Katzkin leather seat covers. Used them on 4 cars since I don’t want other BS just to get real leather. These replace the fabric not just covers. You pick color, stitching, piping, etc. just picked up a 2022 Tuscan Hybrid and they are putting leather in it for $700. Perforated even with color I picked in leather and stitching. Used them in Jeep, Toyota, and Honda before

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

This would be the right answer. One SUV to another is the basically the same useless appliance.

Right now while wife's Mazda is in the auto body shop, we have a RAV4 rental, and wow that thing drives like a turd. Feels like driving a Ford Taurus from the 90s. Who would want this thing? Most Toyotas drive pretty terrible. They are really made for their demographic, old people. The Mazda feels like a sports car in comparison.

20. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’ll let you suffer the indignity of a minivan.

I have no issues with my Highlander and how it drives. It’s a point A to point B ride that gives the kid more room and has a little more space than my Fusion Hybid had now that he’s 11.

41 mpg makes it even better. Because gas isn’t going to get cheaper until Jan 2025.

Ducti89 likes this.