X Superbikes where are they now?

Discussion in 'General' started by fonzy, Sep 14, 2013.

1. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

I came across a add lately for one of Matt Mladin's gsxr 1000's. at a pretty decent price i thought and if i had the money id prob buy it , so last night i got thinking where do they really end up ? and do they have much worth? I have seen a few x CSBK bikes kicking around but i don't know if its the same calibre

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

CSBK are not even on the same map as an AMA bike. Up here they have hp limits to bring parity.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd really like to have one of the old FX bikes - the last few years when they were tricked out 600's. I don't know if there are any that boccarp doesn't already own though.

4. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

They all end up in Boccarp's garage.

5. caferace

caferace No.

I want one of the Attack R7/1's. Dream bike.

-jim

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You know where they are. Stromboli said they were still at his shop.

7. caferace

caferace No.

Oh. I know. :)

-jim

8. Yea, those old Honda Factory FX bikes were pretty awesome!

9. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

I have a Steve Rapp Attack FX bike from 2008. Pretty cool bike and fun as hell to ride.
    Todd Fenton has one of the 05 zx10r Attack superbikes

Attached Files:

10. fonzy

fonzy Well-Known Member

is it big money to buy one? even something older and maybe not big named but id love to get my hands on something like that

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not really. Once the tech is out of date or the rules have changed, the bikes are "relatively" inexpensive. It seems like that old Mladin bike was pretty reasonable - $38k, considering what it cost new, what it comes with, and that it was the last year of "real" superbikes in AMA, iirc.

12. moregsxrs

moregsxrs Well-Known Member

Some get ridden by slow guys at track days. PM me if you want one of your own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

where are you going to ride one of these steve?? literally ZERO big bike tracks in your region!

14. backcountryme

They are still pushing hard for the track north of Calgary. Not right in your back yard, but not super far.

15. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

I bought an 03 ex graves FX 600 for $3500 a couple years back. It pulled like a freight train and had no problem keeping up with 750's

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This is the FX bike I want.

[​IMG]

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i have the front march mag wheel with brembo sbk rotors off one of those Graves R7/1's. bought it off some dude from cali who used to ride one of them. he was super nice, i forget his name. pretty solid results tho when he was racing. said he crashed a moto-x bike real bad and like broke his back or something and now his wife was making him sell everything he had bike related left over and that wheel was the last thing.

randomly found it on craigslist cause i had R1 Ohlins forks and Attack triples for my supersingle. figured an R1 wheel would fit perfectly of course. the wheel came and its got some weird bearing setup and spacing. had to have kenny at MRP make me some custom captive spacers. i guess cause its an endurance setup it runs different stuff. cool stuff tho on those things.

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

how is that supersingle coming?
    any new pics?

19. backcountryme

I have to say that is one of the ugliest bikes I have ever seen.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

It's not about being pretty, it's about formula extreme actually being "extreme". That bike is about as extreme as any of them ever got.