1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF NESBA selling BioWeapon "race fuel"???

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuklestheklown, Feb 20, 2010.

1. badwee

badwee Active Member

BWFuel is happy to announce that the new BWFuel.com is now up and running. We would like to thank everyone on the forums for their feedback and questions. We used our interaction from these forums to redesign our layout and added a faq containing information that was requested by those of you who posted. We hope that our new website will be well received and informative enough to satisfy the scrutiny of the riders who we intend to furnish fuel. It has been a long haul to get established before the season opened up, but we are here and ready to serve. Thank you all once again, and we can’t wait to see you on the track.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't really have any other justification for the VP, than he wanted the "racing" experience, but it seems like if I guy wants to have all the equipment while going to the track then that's his prerogative. I'm a novice and I realize that fast guys can easily do my laptimes on street tires, but I'm a huge fan of slicks. While not the tires fault, I've done trackdays on street tires to save my slicks for races, and have had crashes that wouldn't have happened on slicks. Yes, it was my fault for my erratic inputs on the throttle/brakes/steering, but better tires would have masked my mistakes. I know this, because I've made similar poor inputs before with slicks and have been amazed that it all panned out. For the guy you're talking about, it sounds like money isn't a problem (I can't quite relate to that), so he can take whatever he wants to the track and get the thrill he's looking for. He might not be as fast as you, but it's a trackday, where the winner is the guy who smiles the most afterwards.

I also think it's wrong to dog on a guy for doing trackdays on an expensive nice bike, instead of racing. Not everyone is interested in the close competition of racing. After my first trackday, the first thing I said was, "how do I get into racing?", but I can appreciate how not everyone feels that way. And it's not like we're talking about riding an awesome bike solely on the street. They're taking it to the track and pushing it to their potential. Just because it's not a race pace doesn't diminish the experience.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don't let anyone fool you, there is nothing wrong with doing trackdays. To each their own. Funny thing is I know plenty of "trackday riders" that would do more than hold their own agains most "racers". In the end it's all about having fun anyway. I find it funny that some "racers" become taken a back by "trackday" riders when in all reality, outside of the top 10% of racers, trackday riders have just as much or more skill.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

oh yeah, I'm not trying to play the whole racers are so much faster than trackday riders card. I was saying I wanted to race because I wanted the competition of it all. I also realize that I'll never be the fastest guy out in A group at a trackday. However, I do think the difference is that there's a minimum level of proficiency necessary to enjoy racing, which isn't really the case in trackdays.

5. :stupid:

That is one of the best lines/descriptions i have ever read. :clap:

I love track days. I dont get the same competitive rush, but they are a different kind of fun.

6. DrummerDaveB

DrummerDaveB The Spartan

I personally have no problem if BW markets to trackday riders. I personally put the cheapest gas I can run in my bike, and see no need to put better in, but there are LOTS of people who think that gas, or go fast parts will actually make them go fast, when in reality it's the software that makes the big difference.
    Still, BW is a business and as long as running their grease-gas doesnt hurt anything or anybody, then I see no problem with them marketing to whomever they want.

That is the society we live in though. I mean, how else would smooth-away and other POS products ever make a dime? Not because of the product, but because of the marketing. It gives people jobs, and if people can be convinced to part with their $$ for things they dont need, well, that's business.
    We dont NEED cable TV, or dishwashers, or Ipods, or Iphones, or designer clothes, or
    about 2/3 of the stuff we have really. So are we to bash every company that comes out with something we dont need?

7. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Sure, he can run slicks if he wants to. It's his perrogative. But when the rider isn't going fast enough to get enough heat in them to work it's also my duty as a CR to point out to him that by using his neato tires he is actually putting himself and others in greater risk out there. Using a decent track day tire or even a street tire will accelerate your learning curve because, as you pointed out, the slicks are masking your mistakes and allowing you to get away with them.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

lol. "no, I was making fun of him because he's a safety risk..."

9. ATL#1

ATL#1 Banned

Check their website you douche. 11.5 HP gain on an 08 ZX10 and it's not oxygenated so it's not a pain to deal with, you can leave it in the tank. Half the emissions and the way it's cleans the engine is truly amazing.

10. Red900

Red900 Well-Known Member

What would that same ZX10 have done with just pump and a custom map? Was that a zero map in there originally? I would guess it would have been upper 160's with just a custom map.

11. ATL#1

ATL#1 Banned

Did you check their web site? Ask them?

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

No! No! NO!

It's so much less taxing to sit behind a keyboard and just throw verbal rocks...

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Say, what ever happened to that clown Fukles?

14. isaltyko

isaltyko Well-Known Member

I just wanna know if those chickens are free range or organic or what? the claim that this stuff is environmentally friendly is a stretch - using a byproduct of factory bird farming, which has a terrible environmental impact, is not helping the environment.

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Un, did you bother to notice that my post was on page 9, and he didn't announce the Website being up till page 10? Nice job :up:

What I was asking, along with others, was if someone actually used this stuff and dynoed it on their own. A company can make all sorts of claims, but it takes some independent source to make them valid. There's no Good Housekeeping seal of approval for the motorcycle industry, even the factories fudge their numbers for marketing purposes.

If you think a company's claims are all you need to go by, there's a here's a little 30+HP chip you may want to try. Oh and look, they have dyno numbers too! :D:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF...9511400QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Like one person has quoted, if these claims where 100% legit, you'd think VP or Sunoco would be knocking on their door with a fat check. Either way, I hope that the product has some merit, for i'd like to see more organic fuels be brought to market on merit alone. I'll hold final judgment till I see RRW or RRX do a story/test on the fuel and see what comes out of it.

Also wondering, if the fuel is as good as other race fuels, why don't they sell it at race events instead of track days? Vendor fees perhaps?

16. caferace

caferace No.

Because us racers are, by nature, skeptical bastards. :D

-jim

17. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

Well it just come out and yea its as good as any other race fuel.Just cost a little less.And it doesn,t rot you fucking tank out.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Neither does pump gas and it`s cheaper than both!

19. zx1012r

zx1012r WERA Wannabe

Man, if this stuff was made out of bacon I'd be all over it! Imagine the smell at the track!

Mmmmmm...... bacon

20. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

OK, let's recap for a moment, before we jump to page 11 of this awesome thread.

BWFuels GIVES AWAY gas at NESBA events. SOmehow this is construed as a "Bad Thing" and the company founder is a "douchebag."

Everybody seems to agree that storing VP Race fuel in your bike damages the tank and the fuel system. Some report gumming, others complain of system rust. Either way, race fuel costs out the ass. BW is giving theirs away FREE.

Pump Gas in many states is mandated by law to contain "up to 10%' ethanol. Since it costs the fuel manufacturers less to make ethanol than to put in more gasoline, they all are putting in the full 10% ethanol. Ethanol seems to disable the stabilizer packages that fuel refiners put into pump gas, and ethanol-laced fuels are known to cause storage problems. From this, it is reasonable to want a non-ethanol-laced fuel product to run an occasional-use vehicle like a track day bike. BW seems to be offering that, if their website claims are to be believed.

It seems to me that they have come up with a pretty cool niche market: They are selling a container filled with just about the perfect amount of fuel for one track day, in a recycleable container that they will deal with, and they are delivering the product to the track. So far it sounds like win-win for the riders.

They did some dyno runs and claim that their chicken-gas made more poer in a mapped bike. Nobody with a half a brain would accept those results, because there is no before-and-after on the same bike with NOTHNG but fuel changed. BW even states that their fuel is rated at 93.3 Octane. They state that it is non-oxygenated, so there is little reason to believe that it would deliver more power.

However, it may deliver more CONSISTENT power than pump gas from different pumps in different states, which is what the pump-gas-using guys are bringing to the track in their gas cans, if only because it is one product from one manufacturer.

If the naysayers on this bbs are to be believed, then I guess Sunoco are douchebags for selling "Race Gas" at VIR, Summit Point, and Road Atlanta to name a few, right? I mean, Sunoco is offering just the same thing as BW, i.e. non-ethanol gas of a decent consistency, at the trackside. WHAT DOUCHENOZZLES, the NERVE OF THEM!

OK, the only real downside to all this is the price. $165 for 15 gallons of BW is $11 per gallon. That is pretty steep compared to the Sunoco 94 octane ethanol-free dead-dinosaur gas (oh, yeah, I guess since birds are descended from dinosaurs it's pretty close...) which sells for 6.50-7.00 a gallon at most tracks, last time I bought it. However it is cheaper than VP at $15 a gallon and up, but VP eats your bike up, smells like a toxic waste site and makes you get cancer.

Aw shit, I gotta go. Read and discuss.