1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF! Man up!!...."My wife said I can't blah blah blah....

Discussion in 'General' started by boccarp, Jan 7, 2018.

1. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

I gotta say selling off some of my bikes in the last week has produced some of the most f'ed up correspondence I have ever experienced. But the biggest bullshit I have gotten is centered around blaming their wife or girlfriend for them not being able to pull the trigger. I don't know about you guys but even if it was true I would never use that excuse for anything! I mean what sounds better? Mr. I have surrendered my balls completely says "Hey Bud gee wiz I would really love to buy your (ANYTHING) but my wife won't let me" or Mr. Bigsacks response..."Hey Killer your Championship Yoshimura GSXR1000 looks great but I'm actually looking for something a bit higher spec for my ability, thanks anyway". Now we all know both are douchebags but I can respect Mr Bigsack for just making me laugh rather than feel bad for Mr Surrendered.

In a perfect world we would all be rich, happy and get tons of bitches. But that is for just a few in the lucky sperm club. But we are all born with dignity, hopes and dreams. On that account alone I say man up and lay blame on others for your actions or decisions.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I completely agree. Let me go check with the ol lady to make sure that's right.

3. Elsinore

Elsinore Well-Known Member

Just let them know that more detailed specs and photos of the bike can be found at mgtow.com :cool:

Wingnut likes this.
  4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I’m looking for a second gen SV that’s WERA race prepped to play around on this season. From what I’ve seen over the years, your collection doesn’t contain any bikes in that performance caliber. ;)

If you don’t already know by now, dealing with the general public is an exercise in frustration. Most people... well, most people aren’t too bright. Good luck, brother.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Initially I was going to agree with you...

But my wife won't let me

Fencer, pscook and TurboBlew like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I was following you right up until this last sentence. I’ll blame someone else!

:D

BigBird likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I’m just too cheap to even pay for a PM about your bikes.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I hoping my wife would sign a permission slip so I can send you an email. I have to wait for her to get back from her ski trip with her "gay" husband. :D

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

For the record, I did clear the transaction with my wife. :)

10. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Old saying that I've told others...... "When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"!

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Or at least run it by the wife before they start talking to you so they do not have to bitch out at the last minute when it comes time to cut the check...

The problem I have with the Bigsacks is I laugh too but it is usually to their face with a whole bunch of mocking comments and then they want to cave my teeth in.:D

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

There's a place for women who say no.
    It's called the rear view mirror.

Rock on.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Damn Pete...that hurt.

:D

EDIT- However (in my best Mr. Surrendered voice) when you offered the Slingshot GSXR , I told you I already had one BEFORE I said the wife would kill me if I brought home another bike.

14. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Generally, people who live together, run a household together. If we are broke and it’s not in the budget I would absolutely tell Darren no, and get really fucking pissed if he went around me and did it anyways. His balls aren’t in my purse, two little girls are.

Why are these people contacting you before they talk to their spouses about it, that’s bizarre.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I find that it's always easier to ask forgiveness......

trispdtrip, The_R1_Kid, Chris and 7 others like this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No need to ask for permission, or forgiveness. She wanted separate accounts, not me.

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

If I had to do it all over again, this for sure, and I make less :\

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Online sales in general, suck. I'm trying to buy a beater XR100 for a little resto project and to use as transportation at campgrounds, MA races, etc. Found one about 30 miles from me that runs, for $500. Messaged the guy and asked a couple questions, he answered within minutes. I basically replied "when's a good time to hand you money?" and now I get radio silence. WTF. Maybe he had to ask his wife if he could sell it.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I didn't do this when I was married, and if I ever get married again it'll be separate or I'm out.

*Wife makes more than you? Nice. GF makes just a little less than me, I would be stoked if she made more. I actually know dudes who get insecure at the thought of their wife making more than them. WTF is wrong with these idiots.... yeah, let's have less money.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah..I'm all about that, making more whoever it is. I think it bothered her more than me for some time. I am really proud of her, from where she started out as, and working her way up. For a while we were back and forth, and then she made a big jump. I think her mom put it in her head that I should be jealous, but thankfully we over that, and moved away from their area.

But it would be easier if it was separate accounts. But, Back to "don't ask, don't tell" on the next Geraldo :D