1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wtf is up with this audio mix?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

SB halftime. Somebody done fucked up.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn, exactly what I was just saying to my wife. She thought I was nuts.

Redeemed!

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. I’m like I guess they haven’t mixed something all year and have gotten rusty hah

He’s actually singing which is nice to see for a change

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Musicians ear? I dunno.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I thought it was off too. I understand it being off right at the start because everything was in the parking lot 14 seconds ago but it shouldn’t take long to get it right.

6. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

It seemed a little goofy, but to be honest I was more concerned with stuffing my face than the show.... plus, I don’t really know a good mix from bad..... :D

Gixxerguy855, noles19 and 5axis like this.
  7. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I had to check the receiver. Yup, it was fine....crap mix.

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Told the kids they could stay up to watch the halftime show. 2min in my son asked "Do I have to stay up and watch this?" lol.

HPPT, BigBird, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I just watched it all again because the game is all but over. I liked it even better the second time. Yes, the acoustics sucked. I am a Weeknd fan. Wonderful singer. I really enjoyed the imagery of him out there by himself.

BigBird and bleacht like this.
  10. rd400racer

It was a simple matter of his vocals being miked too low in the beginning. They fixed it a couple of minutes into the performance.

My problem is that I have no clue who the guy is. Never heard a single song he's ever done.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Play the radio when you drive around on your errands. This is coming from a Led Zep, Floyd, Rush fan. Lol.

12. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t like most of the current music out there but I am a Weeknd fan too. Atleast you could tell he was singing. Most years I doubt they are.

13. rd400racer

You'd be impressed with the breadth of music and number of channels that I listen to on any given day. Never heard a single one of them play any of this guy's music. Then again I've never heard a Taylor Swift song. Are they on the same channel?

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I wouldn't be impressed, because I know, and have known for some time, how deeply into music you are. Because you have expressed it. If you haven't run across The Weeknd yet, perhaps some day you will. Maybe you'll like him, maybe you won't.

15. rd400racer

I'll check it out. I'm a huge Bruno Mars fan and a lot of people have compared the two. I guess I don't listen to any of what you'd call the Top 40 radio stations. Louisville has one of the best public radio stations in the US, WFPK, and they play new artist that don't get decent exposure anymore, such as the new Fionna Apple album or some of Sturgill Simpsons experimental music he's been putting out. That's an artist I never would have liked if I hadn't heard them on a more obscure radio station. I'd have figured he's just another country dude.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That's cause he's Canadian... o_O:p

cha0s#242 and rd400racer like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Having not really heard his songs before, I just assumed he was supposed to sound like crap like a lot of today's pop. Then it did get better. Still not my thing and way over-processed like a lot of today's pop music.
    To be fair it was Cher that I think really popularized the completely over processed sound with "Believe" back in the 90s. Poor woman sounded like she was drowning.

KneeDragger_c69 and rd400racer like this.
  18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Local sports talk heads were talking about how this guy paid for the superbowl half time show himself.

Apparently, he wanted full creative control and wanted no other stars or sponsorship, so he dished out 7 million to be the lone star.

I was only 1/2 paying attention to it and only recognized one of the songs.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Something looked a lot like a Pepsi logo in that fake city skyline in the beginning.

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Only 1/2 way paid attention, so maybe so....just regurgitating what the talking heads said this am.