1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB/ISO: Ninja 650 race parts, ZX10R or ZX6R front end

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by mlap5150, Nov 19, 2020.

1. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Hey everyone, looking for parts for my 2015 Ninja 650 for a race/track bike build. I think this generation ran from 2012-2016 so any of those years should work. Here's a list of what I'm looking for at the moment:

Rearsets
    Slipper clutch
    Power commander
    Quickshifter
    Rear shock (aftermarket)
    Clip ons with 3 or 4 inch rise
    Front end including wheel and brakes off an 04-10 ZX10R, 03-08 ZX6R or Z1000SX (unsure of years, other years for the ZX10/6 may work, might have to mix and match here depending on what's out there)

Willing to work out shipping but can also arrange pickup in SE MI and possibly Indianapolis and Chicago areas. PM me with what you have :beer:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. J_Copeland

J_Copeland Well-Known Member

I have a complete front end,might not have the wheel,but can check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Front end off (year/model)? Unless it's an 04-05 ZX10R, I will need the wheel so if you have it let me know. Thanks.

4. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

I have a complete one from2014 Zx10r. That include forks triple brakes and front wheel.

mlap5150 likes this.
  5. J_Copeland

J_Copeland Well-Known Member

It’s an 06 636 and do have the front wheel.
    Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

All posts/PMs replied to.

7. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Bump, front end and shock found.

Still looking for rearsets, slipper clutch, PC/QS and riser clip ons (50mm).

8. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I have a set of woodcraft 1" riser clipons, new in box, with XL bars. $165/shipped?

9. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Look for a 2017+ OEM slipper on Ebay if you want something on the cheap.

I put OEM slippers in my pair 2007 650R's and have not had any issues. You can find them from $100 - $300 on Ebay, compared to $800+ for a new aftermarket one. Not a lot of used aftermarket slippers hanging around.

10. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Thanks, appreciate the offer, but it's looking like I will need a bigger rise than 1".

Interesting, didn't think that would be an option. How well does the 2017+ slipper work? I want to be able to hammer down the gears at the track without blipping (pain in the ass for me due to an injury) and still have it be smooth with no wheel hop.

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I have a 2009 ZX10R I'm about to start parting out. The front end is all there, in great shape. PM me if you're interested, I'll get you pics and prices.

mlap5150 likes this.
  12. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

13. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

I don't know how you ride, so can only tell you my experience. I have never used an aftermarket slipper, so cannot tell you if there is a difference.

I do not blip the throttle. I do continue to use the clutch to downshift, regardless of the slipper clutch. This is a habit that remains from not having a slipper clutch, and needing to be ready to pull the clutch back in if I went down one gear too many.

You can still get the OEM slipper to hop the rear a little if you just slam the clutch out on a hard braking entrance corner and wind the engine to the sky. I am not sure if an aftermarket slipper would be any different or not.

I have no issues with the OEM slipper for my uses, including racing. It has greatly reduced, and basically removed, any wheel hop for me except in extreme cases (few and far between).

mlap5150 likes this.
  14. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Can't exactly say yet how I will ride with it since this will be my first real experience on a 650 twin. My 600 has auto blip so I don't have to worry about it...when it's working anyway haha. Appreciate the feedback. I ended up snagging the Suter from the ebay link sharky posted.

Dude I owe you a beer :beer: heck of a find right there

15. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ ill send you my address for the beer lol - and make sure and let us know your experience with it once you get it installed and setup. Looking forward to some more ninja 650 information being shared.

mlap5150 likes this.
  16. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Just an FYI on the Suter. I was actually thinking of picking this up for experimenting, you saved me a couple hundred, haha!

I did a little research. It appears Suter has two models of slipper clutches to fit the 650. The one sharky nrk linked is for a 2017+ z650, etc...

Since you have a 2015, there "may" be some OEM parts from the 2017 clutch pack that you may need to finish the install. Review the install manual and parts list on the Suter website.

When I installed the 2017 OEM slipper package in my 2007 bikes, I had the whole basket and all components from the 2017 model to install in mine. It was a drop in installation.

I am not sure if the 2017 OEM components that the Suter clutch requires are the same as your 2015 model. They might be and you may be able to use your parts, but just as a heads up, you may also need to piece together a few 2017 pieces.

https://www.suter-industries.ch/shop_attachments/004-71001-0_SuterClutch_Z650.pdf

https://www.suter-industries.ch/shop_attachments/004-70001-2_SuterClutch_ER6n.pdf

https://suterproducts.com/collections/suterclutch/products/004-70001_0

mlap5150 likes this.
  17. mlap5150

mlap5150 Active Member

Good to know, I'll let you know what I find when I get around to installing it.