1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB - complete trans, 86' - 87' GSX-R750

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Gehr, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

For my project bike, looking for a 6-speed, 1st generation GSX-R transmission in good shape (only).

Got one off Ebay a few months ago & there are several issues with it so into the junk pile it goes. :(

Argh...

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Wouldnt just about any Katana trans swap?

3. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Hmmm
    Haven't time to do the research but there was another one posted on Ebay with a buy it now option & many more up close photos (seller has 1,000 good feedback responses) so I bought it. Hope the shift forks I have won't be out of specs with this tranny...

4. kanatuna

I have an 86 gsxr1100 in my shop right now but the seller is on the fence of what to do with it. I'm pretty sure I used 750 katana parts to repair a 91 gsxr1100 trans a few years ago.

Good luck

5. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

kanatuna - post up details if the 86 1100 goes up for sale as I might be interested.

6. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Thanks for the advice.
    Found another one on Ebay last night, this seller had lots of pictures of the tranny which looks like it will be good.

Project bike:

[​IMG]

7. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

There is some pearl & bluish microflake in that white & microflake in that blue. No decals or stickers on this bike, emblems & stripes were airbrushed by the painter...

[​IMG]

:beer:

8. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talking about! I wanted one of those so bad back in high school...

9. kanatuna

Beautiful bikes. The one at my shop is not so pretty. A good builder and runs/rides....just needs love. I'll post up if it becomes available.