1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB 1st Gen SV650 street or race parts

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by rd400racer, Oct 23, 2019.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I picked up a gently wrecked 1st Gen for practically nothing and haven't decided if I want to race it or just put it on the street, so I'm looking at both options. What have you got? Here's the bike to give you an idea of stuff I need to get it road worthy. Biggest item is a wiring harness, as this one is cut up to hell.

I did order a set of clip ons and cheap rear sets, but I probably wouldn't race on them. On the plus side...the forks are straight, has a nice Sargent seat, new tires and a Dynojet kit just installed (the reason the kid crashed it!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I do not have any parts left over but i do have a service manual you can have for cost of shipping.

rd400racer likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Looks like a Corbin.

I’d put it on the street with a handlebar.

I have an ‘02 S model, myself.

Good source for parts.
    https://www.mad8v.com/

rd400racer likes this.
  4. rd400racer

Excellent! Thanks for the hook up.

ducnut likes this.
  5. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

I have a blue screw on gas cap id sell for $30.00 shipped.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. rd400racer

I'm not sure if you go them, but I sent both of you PM's.

Thanks!

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kelly,

I have a non broken blue front fender.

M

8. rd400racer

Thanks Mark, I'll be in touch. Ends up that the forks and triple are racked, so I'm eyeballing a few on Ebay right now. They aren't very expensive...seem to be going for around $200 but it sure would be nice to get one that already has fresh internals built in. I'm not in a huge hurry so I'll keep my eyes open for the next 30 days.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Your forks look nice and clean, just get cheap eBay inner tubes (new ones from China).
    If you want used dirty forks I have couple sets here, one on dsapsis bike and one on my.
    If you want nice with internals I can help you but it will cost you more than you paid for bike :)

10. rd400racer

What I meant is I'm almost positive either the forks or triple was bent in the crash. I did all the tricks that were recommended in my post in the Tech section and I'm sure they're toast. Now whether I just need the forks is another question but the couple of sets I've seen on Ebay come with forks and triple anyway.

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Lower triple and inner tubes bend easy on sv. So if you need inner tube there are cheap new ones on eBay.
    You should refresh forks anyway so changing tube is easy.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Dimitry Louis

Dimitry Louis Sabotage

I have very expensive rearsets and I have ebay rearsets. I've crashed with both on the track multiple time and the ebay stuff held up just as well as the pricey rearsets. Starting to be hard to justify spending over $500 on the known names when I'm getting the same results on the $100 ones... The best part is I can just buy new ebay ones to keep the bike looking fresh without breaking the bank...

13. Deery888

Deery888 Well-Known Member

Where are you located? I have a front end or 2 I’d sell. One is on a bone stock B bike project and the other is the front end on my race bike, gsxr front end

14. rd400racer

Sorry, I've been sick in bed the last three days and didn't see this. I'm in Louisville, KY 40241. Actually more interested in the stock front end. Thanks

15. Deery888

Deery888 Well-Known Member

Ah I’m in eastern pa, if you were close I’d say come check it out and see if you want it, but shipping would be too aggravating, and you could probably find a full parts bike near you easier. Good luck !

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kelly

I can get this front end a ton closer but you guys gotta act fast.

Chris Gorel is in Reading County, PA and I’m meeting him Saturday at 1pm in wheeling for parts hand off.

If you can get it to him, I’ll bring it back this way.

17. rd400racer

Sounds good Mark, I'll get moving on it. Now where are you located again?

18. rd400racer

Sad thing is I bought a parts bike and it has bad forks too. How much do you want for them?

19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kelly

I'm by Vincennes IN - maybe 2 hours from L'Ville. I'm sure we can arrange a handoff over the holidays.

Trick is you will have to get the forks to Chris, he'll be happy to bring them I'm sure, just no real time to do much running on the PA end.

M

20. rd400racer

Soon as I find out how much we'll get this moving. Thanks again Mark

RRP likes this.