Would this bike be okay to ride on Friday practices?

Discussion in 'General' started by Devilredr6, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

Ive got a buddy who does not race but he enjoys attending the races me and a buddy do. Last year racing MGP he came along and did the race school and rode at the Friday practices. His bike is virtually stock.

1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk.

This bike has no bellypan, no aftermarket case covers, and a tank that is smushed, but does not leak. Safety wire is taken care of, but thats really about it, along with a damper.

Would he have to pass a full tech inspection to ride on Friday with WERA? Including case covers and belly pan of some sort.

Thanks any input is appreciated.

(no he's not a slow moving slug in everyones way, he turns good times, just is not competative).

2. amaner

amaner will do math for food

I only know the answer to your question because I asked a similar question earlier this week... There are NO Friday practices before Sportsman (Regional) events. Practices are run only before the Nationals. As to the rest of your question, well... Just make sure his bike is WERA-ready to be certain!

3. Devilredr6

Well I do know of Friday practice days before regional events. I guess these events are hosted by the track, not WERA. In that case they would not have to pass WERA tech likely.

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Most regional weekends have a Friday practice. Bike prep depends on the organization that is hosting practice. Ed Bargy, unless it has been recently change, requires race prepped bikes. VIR racers practice requires race prepped bikes.

5. amaner

amaner will do math for food

6. Devilredr6

so basically he is going to need to sink some money into his shit pile if he wants to keep riding it on prerace weekend Fridays.

I keep telling him to sell the shit lump and just buy one of the million GSXR600's that are for sale for 3k or less.....but .....NO, I love my super tour V-Twin., ahahah

7. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

That refers to 'WERA hosted' days. Other organizations host practices prior to some race weekends.

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm pretty sure that in order to participate in a WERA practice day you need to have a WERA license.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To ride on a WERA run practice (which are only held on the first day of the schedule National events) you must be a WERA licensed racer and your machinery must be able to pass a full normal tech.

We don't run trackdays.