1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Made Cars On the Road

Discussion in 'General' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bobcruz06

bobcruz06 Member

nah it wasn't but it is gm. And yeah i knew u were kiddin about the cobalt ;) but i love my 2 GM vehicles.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

We love our 2 GM vehicles as well.

My Mom just got ANOTHER Dodge Nitro and she loves it. I don't think she would have gotten a 2nd one if she hadn't had great results with the first one. I drove her Nitro one day and it was solid.

I take these lists with a grain of salt. My Audi I had (loved it) literally started falling apart at 70K miles. I would say it was a fluke, but my Dad's did the exact same thing at 70K miles.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Here is to hoping your Chevy won't do what mine did and leave you on the side of the Interstate. Intake gaskets worked fine on GM smallblocks for decades, so they monkey with them so they fail every few years? WTF?

And where are the BMWs on that list? D's BMW is working overtime trying to take the lead in the "I R an expensive piece of Poo" competition we have at the house.

4. Here you go, feel free to spread these around:

..;,.;,;;.;,;..,,....;,,.;,.,,,,..;

:D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  5. I haven't been as lucky recently.

I bought a new Escalade EXT in 2007; put about 32k miles on it and slung a rod through the block on my way back from Nashville Speedway.

While it was having the engine replaced, i decided i didnt want it any more and told them to keep it and i got a new Avalanche.

12k miles into it and the Transmission shit itself on my way back from Nashville the next time.

So i either need to find a stronger truck.......or stop going to Nashville. :D

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I look at the cars with the pictures and I think two things.

Biggest group of whiners, or wish they were driving something else. The Aveo??? Who would buy that? Seriously they bought it because it was all they could afford and they hate it. The '"Escalade"...have your ever met more then two normal people who drive one of those? The F250 is probably on the list because the people who buy it think they bought a tank and it should never breakdown....or they actually use it..and aren't so much surprised but answering truthfully.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

That's why I bought mine. Its a 2006 though so I should be good. Last year before they started messing with the diesels and making more environmentally retartded. :D

9. Yep :D

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

wranglers one of the worst in value?!?
    maybe but, ever price a used one? they're damn near an investment.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I rarely hear anything bad about the Silverados is actually why I asked. They've always seemed to have great customer satisfaction.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's what confused me. My Wrangler brought almost 5000 bucks on trade in when it was 7 years old. I only gave $13K for it new and it had over 100,000 miles on that shit 4 cylinder and the A/C was busted.

Damn thing was a piece of shit but I sure miss it. :D

I want a new one.

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I swear I had some of those but they must have fallen off the screen when I hit "enter". :D

15. Damn the bad luck. :D

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

gotta love those utilitarian attributes. top off, no doors, park it wherever, drive it wherever...let the rain wash it. :D

17. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

My parents have always had Chevys and never had too many issues with them. My dad has the giant diesel 4 door jobby with the Cummins in it(forget what exactly it is) and it's a great truck. I drove it a few times and it's pretty damn nice. Mom has a Tahoe and I borrowed to go to Ohio once and pulled a trailer full of bikes and had no problems. I think it has well over 100k on it now. Dad also has a Colorado that he picked up at an auction for running around town. It's not too bad, but just found out the tie rod ends are shot when he took it to get the alignment checked. It was pulling pretty bad obviously. Other than that, it's been pretty good. I'm surprised the F250 would be so different from a 150 which I believe is still the highest selling vehicle in the world.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Absolutely. Aside from the A/C system the vehicle was flawless until about 74k miles when the transmission(5th gear) went out. After that the trasmission/clutches were screwed. The radiator went out not long after that on a trip down to Roebling Road. I never considered that a big deal since I never flushed the thing and it was easy to fix.

I want another one that I will set up like a boat.... water proof. Get rid of carpet and have LineX spray in liner put in it. Have a waterproof sound system and waterproof seat covers so that I don't have to worry about rain. :up:

19. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

probably both

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What's really strange is that I've had 3 different vehicles of 3 different makes all have radiators and/or water pumps go out while on trips to WERA races. My Jeep radiator went out on a Roebling trip. My GMC Sierra pickup had a radiator and water pump go out on a Tally trip and my 91 Nissan had a radiator go out on one Tally trip and water pump on a different Tally trip.

Damn, WERA is hard on radiators. :D