1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women and bouncy things

Discussion in 'General' started by helicopter99, Aug 18, 2016.

1. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

Has there ever been, is there currently, or will we ever see a woman as a suspension vendor or tuner? I've thought about it and can't think of one that I know of or seen anywhere. Why? Think of the marketing potential with that.

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Explain.

3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

so are you suggesting that a woman sells the fact that she's a woman and not the fact that she's just good at what she does?

i know a lot of women who are good at what they do that would take offense to this line of thought.

4. helicopter99

We have women racers, we have women team owners, women who are good with the wrenches, but have never seen any women suspension tuners. Why you guys have to turn it into a sexist thing? Kurvy girl did a great job with marketing. All I was getting at was, there is a lot of cool marketing potential there. Not trying to say they can't do their jobs.

5. turbulence

ok... like?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sauber team manager is a chick. There was a mechanic with Team Suzuki motogp back a few years ago. Moriwaki was (maybe still is) run by a chick.

Chicks can and have run motorsports and not because of tits and ass.

7. helicopter99

Ummm, thanks, Dave. I already acknowledged we have women team owners, riders and wrenches. All who do a great job. Was wondering about suspension as I have never seen or heard of a female tuner. Honest question, nothing meaning women can't do their jobs.

8. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

I'm getting where you are coming from. Place round here has chicks in bikinis selling coffee. Line of cars at all hours is ridiculous. Yeah, you can get the same quality cup of coffee from some pimple faced, neck tattooed, metro lumberjack geek at the other place but why? Much better to have some hot, scantily clad, college girl serving it up right? This desire doesn't make you sexist - it makes you human. Throw a hot, well trained tuner in a string bikini, all bending over to pick up wrenches and stuff next to that fat, greasy tuner in the neighbor tent and I can bet who would get the majority of customers any given day.....

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Quick! Go to the dungeon! We need to determine whether or not sex sells.

10. helicopter99

No need for the bikinis. As someone who works pretty close with women at the track on a regular basis, I just wondered why no one has gotten into suspension. Over the years we have seen a increasingly steady signup up women to the track, I think it's great. With more women getting into the sport, in almost every facet, why no suspension tuners? That's all I'm asking.

11. turbulence

if its not sexist, then why not just promote services on merit alone, not who's wearing the least amount of clothes? i don't go to get my bike worked on so i can stand around and watch the dudes covered in grease bend over in front of me, so why would i do that if a women is doing the work?

and pouring coffee and setting up a bike aren't exactly apples to apples. one takes skill.. the other doesn't. i'm taking my bike to the person who knows what they're doing, regardless of sex.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The one with the most expertise?

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what if you evened the field & put Thermosman in a bikini? :D

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Surely I'm not the only one who clicked on this thinking it was going to be about boobs.

TurboBlew, condon66, RichB and 4 others like this.
  15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Is this thread title considered link bait. :rtfrb:

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I thought it was gonna be about, naked chick's jumping in a bounce house....

dtalbott likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

didn't toyota have that landcruiser commercial one with the bouncy things in regards of suspension?

there you have it, the ad idea already exists.

edit: nissan

see youtube fred

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did you mean by "think of the marketing potential?"

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think I'd show Claire Williams my junk!