1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman elected mayor, police quit

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Newsshooter, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

There has to be more to the story as they can't be that stupid...

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

cite, please.:D

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think I will wait on a few details before I jump in on this one. It will either be a good start or a horrible ending though.

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The previous mayor had a 37 year tenure? Term limits anyone?

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats Mayor McCheese & Boss Hawg territory! ;)

7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Love how the article hints that its because shes African American.

Why does THAT always have to be pointed out?

Maybe her campaign to get elected hinged on gutting the city works? Maybe shes known to be a total cunt?

In this day and age where doing something racially motivated or sexist will get you crucified i very much doubt they all just happened to be bigoted both racially and sexually.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Giving up your livelihood requires some pretty serious commitment to bigotry.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Mayor of a 700 person town :Poke: That is a few hours a week and probably no pay.

I would love to hear the rest of the story. Given she worked temporarily for the city and grew up there the possibility of her being a known train wreck is higher than racism (otherwise why did she get the job with the city). Hard to say for sure but the media jumping on race is a given as they love to stir @#$#@!$.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can't believe they have all those cops in a town of 700. How much crime could there be?

11. sheepofblue

3 shifts that is two cops per (one extra) in a very rural area. Though I assume some coverage by the state and maybe county. the bigger question is with 700 people (assume all adult voters) that is 100 per 10K of compensation. So assume 30K with a 1.5 multiplier for bennies and that is 450 per voter per year for cop salaries alone. No roads, schools or even police station. Be interesting to see the budget.

12. Hmmm. Tough to say what happened for sure, but my guess would be that there was some serious cronyism going on.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That many cops in such a small town screams speed trap and nothing more. The state and county would do any real criminal investigation. Hell, looking at it on a map I'm floored they needed any of those people. Good riddance.

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well, she couldn't be that much of a train wreck if she polled the majority of the votes in that small town where everybody knows her.

15. sheepofblue

You would think. However some people are different at work. I had a manager that people from other groups would greet us in the hall with 'better you than me, I would have killed him by now'. It was justified. Outside of work he is a really nice guy.

Certainly there is more to the story than what the writer implies though.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Didn't see anything "implied" in the article, just a statement that city officials and police resigned after she was elected.

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

could be exactly what it looks like, or she could be completely unqualified, or she could just have campaigned as anti-union.

She's got the budget to fix the problem now.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe they just don't like her and don't want to work for her? No, has to be racism, cronyism, sexism and a fuck load more isms!

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid: :up:

20. sheepofblue

Right in the title 'Black Woman for Mayor'. Which implies racism/sexism as a motive. Otherwise why would either be relevant to the story?