1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wipers on lights on

Discussion in 'General' started by greenguy, Nov 6, 2010.

1. greenguy

greenguy Well-Known Member

To the people that drive around with their lights off when its raining, turn them on. It's not so you can see, it's so I can see you! I can't tell you how many times the last couple days I started getting into the other lane and there was a god damn ghost car there.

This has been a public service announcement from my ass which is smarter than 10% of the population

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

$150 fine in Ohio if the wipers are on and the lights off. There is a huge crowd of folks crying foul and screaming "What if".

My comment has always been "If you need help to clearly see me, I damn sure need help seeing you."

3. They're too busy texting to turn the lights on.

4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania law says lights on when driving in the rain...

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I approve this message. :up:

And to the dumb asses that think their vehicles handle just as good at 80mph in the rain as they do when it's dry, while weaving through traffic, you're soon to have a real life lesson in the laws of physics. :down:

6. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

I agree

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I dont turn my lights on, i like being invisible to others

8. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

:stupid:

If there was a universal forum for ALL of us mortals to discuss, argue, etc, we'd be having that conversation with them. But we'd be wasting our breath. Cagers aren't smart enough to know better, or even listen.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And its corollary, just because it's sprinkling doesn't mean you drive 20mph below the speed limit, and just because you got splashed by a semi doesn't mean dynamite your brakes. :down:

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Why should I turn my lights on? I can see just fine.

11. Then there's those *other* people (you know you who are) who think they need eleventy gazillion lumens worth of headlights/foglights/driving lights to drive at night in clear weather. Who cares if you blind all the oncoming traffic, as long as you can clearly see that blade of grass on the other side of the median, from 5000' away?

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Usually they drive grayish cars....

13. the police around here have bazillion lumen lights that flash in seizure inducing patterns. During the day it's fine, but at night when they pull someone over it's impossible to see anything.

14. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

+1, those damn LED's cop lights are really, really bright. And if you get pulled over they have a spot light on you. Yea yea I know it's for their safety!!!

I'm not worried about this wipers on, lights on thing. My car has daytime running lights. They are bright enough, probably the same light output as my first car (late 80's Corolla):beer:

15. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

Anyone know why people turn hazard lights on while driving on highway? Happens more often in the rain, but I've witness this phenomenon on a clear day as well.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah, because it increases your visibility to other drivers. I've done this through heavy rain and blowing snow before.

Helps if you're moving too slow for whatever reason, too...it's the equivalent of throwing a hand up when you're not rolling race pace to alert other riders.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

One other thing, for that small percentage of drivers who actually know how to operate their turn signals, they are there to announce your intention, NOT your arrival!

18. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I liked how my Chevy truck was, had a sensor that adjusted the lights and dash lights based on the brightness outside, but they were on with the key like a bike. Any other car you turn on the head lights and you can't see the gages with out making a adjustment. Crap my Pacifica the darn numbers would be so dim you could not see them not to mention the red lit needle.

Crap my Honda Ridgeline they go on and off with the key but you still get a alarm that tells you that you left them on?????what the hell is up with that, they go off anyway. Same with my Caravan they will go on and off with the key but if you leave the switch on(so they go on and off with the key) there is a alarm as you exit the van. Plus with the van it has the lit up exit, so even when you turn them off they come back on for 5 min when you lock the darn door.

I've done the hazzard light thing on the freeway when its a parking lot in front of me and in the blowing snow. I hate when its blowing snow and people are driving 25 on the freeway and some asshat in a white car leaves his lights off so you can't see the car from behind.

Not sure why people buy white cars in the north where it snows, its just dumb.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

don't get me started. :rolleyes:

20. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

That's illegal in Florida and they still do it!