1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willow Springs

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxerlvr, Jun 26, 2009.

1. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Cold temp for B-Stones 002/003. it gets hot later in the day.

2. 03 Double R

03 Double R Active Member

I've ran 2 TD's on my 003's. Once at Willow and Pahrump. I went with 28/25 with no problems at all.

3. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Front/Rear I assume? Thanks.

4. 03 Double R

03 Double R Active Member

Yup 28f/25r.

5. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

you going to Willow on Monday? i'll be there!

6. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I'm be at WSIR on Monday as well. Don't hit the slow guy in A group on a lime '09 ZX-6R, yellow helmet :up:

First time at WSIR.

On topic: 28/25 sounds right for the one time that I ran 003s.

7. Dr. GoFast

^^ get ready to go FAAAAAASSTT!! :D i'll be on a yellow '04 cbr600rr with #504 plates and WSMC stickers on the sides.

8. Bob Wall

Bob Wall New Member

I'll be running slicks for the first time at willow. wonder what the learning curve going to be like.:eek:

9. Greenhound386

FACK! You guys were absolutely hauling A. I was the backmarker in A group on the stock ZX-6R. It was my first time on that track, on a brand new bike that was at its first trackday, and I was coming off of a bad crash.

I thought I'd get up to speed quickly, but my suspension was waaaay off the mark. Between the wind and the lack of track time (oil spill, remember?), I couldn't pick up the pace fast enough! *insert additional excuses here*

I apologize for those of you that had to ride with me, haha! Fortunately, it's a nice easy/wide track to pass on, and you guys had no problem getting around me. Hodgson had an especially easy time getting around me on the outside of 8 drifting the rear :wow:

10. Dr. GoFast

^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA!!!! YEA, HODGESON WAS FLYYYYIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!! FACK! HE PASSED ME GOING INTO ONE LIKE I WAS STANDING STILL, THEN I BLINKED AND HE WAS ALREADY ENTERING 2!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

i've ridden that 09 zx-6r and it DEFINITELY needs some suspension work! i rode it with stock geometry and suspension/suspension settings when my friend just bought it and it was WAY outta wack! strong motor tho!

11. Dr. GoFast

Some Highlights:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Greenhound386

GoFast: great shots! I don't know why, but 4B gave me trouble all day. Couldn't find the 'fast' line through there.

Neil got me good going into 1 and 3.

Also, did you know the ZX-6R has NO steering damper!? The stock Ohlins unit does absolutely nothing. I literally had no front end stability, and I was getting headshake everywhere. The rise leading into 7/8 was the worst, and I'd get it bad through 8 and on the straight. The wind wasn't helping.

Great motor, and I hope some simple mods help me get back into the game.

13. Dr. GoFast

^^ damn dude. yea, not having a good damper at Big Willow can really catch you out. I didn't have any damper (not even a stock one) for a long time and i was fine at all the other tracks in Cali. First time I went to Big Willow I had the same experience as you- headshake all over the place. I think I had a damper within a week after that and now I can't live without it!

People say "Big Willow is an easy track to learn" and "It's only 9 turns" bla bla bla.... but the reality is that there's A LOT to learn there if you want to run decent times. There's also a lotta ballz that need to be grown! lol

14. Greenhound386

Yea, no joke! Bugging the crap out of me sitting here thinking about where I can go faster (everywhere). HAHA! I've got a few trackdays planned for July, but I'll try to get out there and re-conquer WSIR soon.