Will my helmet pass tech?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by k2xblade, Feb 8, 2006.

1. k2xblade

k2xblade Well-Known Member

This is just a paint scratch from when my idiot friend sent it skipping down the driveway for a few feet before i could catch it. Its got another smaller scratch like that on the other side. Think it'll pass?

[​IMG]

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I would pass it, but I don't work tech.

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

take a better picture

4. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

from my experience it will pass, but i don't work tech.
    good luck!

5. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

It's hard to tell from the picture but the general rule of thumb when it comes to scratches in helmets, is if the scratch is just through the paint and slightly into the gel-coat its OK. If the scratch is through the gel-coat and you can see the fiberglass it's more than likely not going to pass. Anything questionable will be defered to the head Tech Inspector for final pass or fail.

Hope this helps.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Your head. Would you pass it? Also I'd make my idiot friend kick down something to hel p finance a new one.

7. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

When I zoom into the picture, the scratches look to be though the color coat and into the base.

To be honest, I can understand in trying to use a perfectly good lid that just has a few scratches.

I crashed my last helmet a few months ago, and I am going back out on the track this weekend. I picked up a replacement helmet of OK quality for $150 from mawonline.com for $150 shipped to my door. I know allot of people HATE KBC helmets, but for a track helmet they are cheep to replace.

Hope you can use your scratched lid.

8. k2xblade

k2xblade Well-Known Member

Well, i've got another helmet, except its a cheaper one and i dont like the way that it fits, its umcomfortable. And this helmet fits me perfect and doesnt bother me, its def not scratched into the fibeglass...i'm bringing the second one just in case.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's only gelcoat you're good to go.