1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wide body Honda RS125 bodywork - made in USA

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by sanfret, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Wanted to let interested folks know that A-kit (wide body) Honda RS125 Bodywork is now available from Catalyst Racing Composites.

http://www.catalystracingcomposites.com

They also have the normal OEM 2004 style upper/lower. The new style fender, and the 04+ tail.

The fit and finish on the bodywork is flat out gorgeous. It took Peter's painter 1/8 the time to prep the bodywork to paint than the other bodywork we provided him (PM me for the brands).

Catalyst bodywork fits right, comes with predrill dimples, and they don't hack off the complex curves that made mold pops difficult. They let the bodywork set enough that it doesn't bow, and is super flexible. Color me super impressed.

The only piece of bodywork that survived Peter's crash was the Catalyst made stuff. The other brand bodywork just shattered, the Catalyst just flexed ... it has a crack, and that is it.

This is the new A-kit (wide body) bodywork...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't believe any of this is on their website yet.

In summary (the new stuff)...
    - Upper/Lower 2004 OEM style
    - Upper/Lower 2009 A-kit Style (wide body)
    - Tail 2004 OEM style
    - Fender 2004 OEM style
    - Hugger 2004 OEM style

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

How much does it cost? Discount for WERA members? :p

3. sanfret

IMO you would want to take a look at their normal 2004 OEM stuff. The wide body is a bit wide for little (our kid size) riders.

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just sayin' for everyone looking. I won't be buying anything new anytime soon anyways. LOL

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I believe it was what Pedrosa used. It is actually better for top speed. JMO Tdub

6. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

You haven't seen a wide body kit for an RS125 until you have seen Mark Gonyou's old set up.

7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I remember that thing. It looked like he had a giant mailbox for a tail section. You couldn't argue with his results though.:bow:

8. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

How much?

9. sanfret

They are charging the same for all the styles they make: '98, '04 OEM, A-kit/Wide

$263 for the upper, $200 for the lower