1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wi-Fi slow. School me

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Apr 27, 2023.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

So, I’m in the middle of Georgia at an Airbnb. The Wi-Fi is slower than an injured turtle with arthritis. Are there any products that actually work to improve Internet speed?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Netscape 1.0. :D

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Ask them to reset the modem and router.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pay the ISP for a higher bandwidth package? Or are there a bunch of neighbors freeloading off insecure wifi connection sucking up all the bandwidth?

R1M370 likes this.
  5. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Im at an AirBNB in the middle of nowheresville, Georgia. The neighbors aren’t exactly close. So that’s not an issue.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Use you own cell phone. I do that at a lot of tracks even when they have wifi.

7. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are probably on some old school DSL, in which case, you are pretty much SOL. That used to be our only option. We paid for 10 Mbps, but never go that. On a good day we would get 5 or 6.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ah ha......curious, what kind of bandwidth does this tell you you're getting. Don't be downloading or browsing a bunch of other stuff while it runs.

https://www.speedtest.net/

L8 Braker likes this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is the cable connected to the access point running uphill towards it or downhill? If it's running uphill that's why your download speeds are so slow.

StaccatoFan, R1M370 and vfrket like this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He's uphill both ways.... And no shoes!

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:D

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

No.

tophyr likes this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You were pretty much screwed at North Georgia and no neighbors.

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I know this is old school, but it works well if you have a physical port available.

[​IMG]

15. rain directer

rain directer Member

With snow, no doubt.

16. Venom51

He said middle Georgia...that's south of the airport. But the north Georgia area is much worse with the slow internet speeds and all the rotting corpses. Don't get me start on the burning pits of pestilence. Best to stay away.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Not going to help the Internet connection, which is where the problem lies.

18. I’m in NE GA but in a town that’s plopped in middle of nowhere. Mine runs right at 240-252m :)

19. Venom51

We just need to set the right tone about the area to keep it peaceful and enjoyable. The correct response is we are still using smoke signals generated via the burning pits of pestilence. :D

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dont worry! Nobody in their right mind would invade or move to the south. Yall talk funny, look funny, smell, marry your first cousins, have no culture, abysmal weather, bugs that are way too fucking loud, lousy bbq, I can go on and on. The only reedeming thing you have is you can play golf in january. But I hate golf.

Oh. And your internet is slow!