1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would spectators ever want to stay for an entire weekend?

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by PhilTheBiker, Aug 2, 2010.

1. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

Sure, watching racing is a blast. Saturday I helped out with the endurance race in the pits, Saturday JTB and I decided we would sleep in a tent (apparently our first mistake).

WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER WANT TO SLEEP AT THE TRACK?

People are jerks at the race track. If I was a spectator I'd never come back. Some of the most RUDE and IGNORANT people are at the race track that I have ever seen.

Now let me explain why.

I understand that it is a social event, so I expect there to be some chaos and fun times. Some might want to tell me that it's just the track. We'll I'm sorry.
    10pm, sure have your fun, be loud, turn up the music.
    11pm, Not a problem, blow up trash cans with fire works, crank up the music, have fun, not a problem.
    Midnight, Ok people, do you realize people are going to start rolling in around 6am. Why are people still yelling and screaming and blowing up more trash cans with fireworks? Did your mother forget to teach you to have some respect for the people around you?
    1am, Drag racing your pit bikes?

There are so called RACERS with ZERO respect for others. They may look like adults, but sorry adults don't act that way.

So you wonder why there aren't a lot of spectators showing up to these events? This is probably one reason. You so called RACERS piss them off to never want to come back for an entire weekend. If this is how you treat people at night, I can only imagine how you treat people during the day.

Some of you people may have taken some trophies home this weekend but in my book a HUGE chunk of you are still ZEROS. Especially those drag racing fools at 1am, and to those individuals that were fed up with the noise that did nothing.

Yes, I drove up to security and complained. But Summit Point security is a joke and I now understand why this activity went on.

Good luck ever getting fans in this sport.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

*subscribed*

3. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

That's Summit.

4. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

You people?

[​IMG]

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

And Welcome...

Didn't camp there this weekend, though I usually do. It's a sizeable paddock - don't like the nighttime action in T-10? Move towards the tower - it's quieter.

Sorry your weekend seemed to suck so much. Now change your tampon.

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

yes.

7. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

if you tent camp at Summit best places are behind the pits in the wooded areas and in the open field areas heading toward turn one.

there is much less noise and you don't hear anyone running around in the pits at 1am.

I learned a long time ago don't tent camp in the pit area if you can't take a lot of noise at all hours of the night.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

you come to see racing but, don't like the sleeping arrangements afterwards. so, now, you won't come back because of a decision you had complete control over?
    is your reality connected to the real world?

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

actually this makes me MORE interested in coming to race weekends where I won't be riding; that's assuming there's heavy drinking involved.

10. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

I get where the guy is coming from. However, Substitute race track for campground, etc. Same thing can happen. I had a situation at Summit one time. It was a saturday afternoon after the races. I was working on my bike. My daughter was standing there next to me. I look up and there is some jackass facing towards us about 10 feet away taking a leak. He flipped me off. He then got a 22mm wrench to the head from 10 feet away. Nice shot. He ran away screaming he was gonna get me. At that point i didnt care if he was a racer or a spectator.

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I wish I had the video:( ....of the wrench toss.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

yeah, me too. That was almost 20 years ago.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

good thing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tools and Fun weren't what they are today.:D

14. operative

operative Well-Known Member

There are idiots everywhere. It has nothing to do with the sport.

15. fyyff

fyyff Well-Known Member

Good one.

16. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Man reading this race report makes me really sad...sad that I missed it. :up:

See ya dood!

17. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

18. JWinters

JWinters Active Member

Well its nice to see you keep the same as the one you have on .net and as others stated there are tons more places to pop a tent if you dont wanna be near the excitement. Most that camp in the pit area are racers and most are used to the partying and having fun.. They work hard and play harder.. and you saying YOU so called racers.. give me a break they are racers go out there and try it see if you could survive 6 long ass hours of constant riding that alone gives them the right to party their asses off... :) I work my ass when im there and im dam sure gonna party .... just camp somewhere other than the paddock...

19. Ontheedgeprsprt

Ontheedgeprsprt Pumpkin riders

This year was very calm compared to other years. No one told me about the mini bike race at 1 am, now I'm pissed because I missed it.

20. Robert L Taylor

Robert L Taylor Well-Known Member

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.