1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why we are there (and why we must stay)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, May 23, 2004.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You have to read this

This essay written in two parts by Bill Whittle just blew me away.
    It takes some time, but well worth reading.

STRENGTH (Part 1)

STRENGTH (Part 2)

2. dave333

dave333 traveler

I enjoyed the logical, "backed by facts" argument up until the point when he had to start dropping the "f" bomb. What is up wid dat?

While I agree that radical islam is a free society's enemy and must be dealt a mortal blow, it is not the only enemy of our great country. The author correctly identified "a" threat. He also states, "it is us or them". I agree they cannot be left alone, they want to kill us or enslave us.

In my opinion, our President is charged by the law of our land to go after any person or any group, foreign or domestic, that would threaten the lives and liberty of any citizen of this great country. I believe George Bush is the man to work behind the scenes with countries like Saudi Arabia (et al) and the man to make the tough decisions to go "in country" after brutal regimes like the one that was just booted out of power in Iraq.

I believe we need to be patient and persistent, pick our battles and eliminate or debilitate the threats. We have our highly trained and highly skilled armed forces doing what they do best. I hope and pray we will let them pursue those that would kill us given the chance. I hope and pray we will continue to support them and provide encouragement through the darker hours of the fight.