1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's cooking what for T-day?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rain Director, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Mrs. RD cannot cook a turkey without drying it out like beef jerky. For the past 7 years or so, I have taken over cooking the turkey on the smoker while she does the sweet 'tater casserole and other sides. Going to do some Cajun blackened redfish and/or stuffed rockfish also, depending on which fish I catch in the next couple of days.

So who is cooking what for the meal this Thursday? Post up, bisches!

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Turkey and beer can chicken

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nothing. Still fortunate enough to be able to enjoy moms. :)

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Waffle House. :cool:

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

James, if that's true and you're anywhere near Cincinnati,you're more than welcome to come over and share in our dinner, and get your ass kicked in Monopoly afterwards! :D

Seriously, that goes for anyone here.

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

garlic mashed potatoes. i'm having thanksgiving with like 5 or 6 of my other friends who are equally trying to avoid all of their own families just like i am. had a friend thanksgiving last year and it was the best, funniest, most stress free thanksgiving i can ever remember.

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Having the best kind of Thanksgiving dinner....the one at someone else's house where they do the cooking!!! We will be deep-frying a turkey to take with us, though. Become a neighborhood tradition to get out a couple of deep fryers by the fire pit and a bunch of neighbors come to drink beer and fry their turkeys. We have a sign up schedule to ensure no conflicts.

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

thanks, man. i appreciate the offer. we did our 'family' turkey day this past saturday 'cause everyone will be in different directions doing other family stuff on the official turkey day. :)

Waffle House employees usually get a huge tip from us on the off years we end up there on turkey day and Christmas. :up:

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Turkey
    dressing
    mac-n-cheese (my own special recipe;))
    deviled eggs
    green bean casserole
    dinner rolls
    some congealed green shit my mom always brings that no one ever eats
    black olives
    beer wine

The usual.

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All my family allows me to be responsible for are the olives, pickles and canned cranberry jelly. They severely underestimate my culinary skills, but I'm not complaining. It make Thanksgiving so much easier for me. I just show up, open a couple cans and eat tons of food.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm not cooking a thing and never have. I show up at the MIL's with a bottle of Woodford Reserve and eat. I will treat myself to some Yuengling since I'll be in WV and we can't get it in Kentucky. Our menu sounds pretty much like Metal's.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

How in god's name anyone eats that canned cranberry jelly is beyond me. Make a real compote for pete's sake. It takes like 15 minutes!

(yes, I can predict the responses)

13. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Reservations at www.candle79.com , I'm accepting sympathy leftovers from anyone actually having a legit TurkeyDay.

Kevin

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

me too, for real

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've got 2 8-9 lb turkey breasts and a 13 lb pork butt going on the smoker, and the woman is making cranberry margaritas and a couple kinds of tarts (one is cherry with bourbon glazed pecans) and some other crap that isn't meat or dessert (therefore I don't care about)

16. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

For the first time in over 20 years, I'll be cooking nothing. Gonna head up to Augusta to see the maternal unit and my sister. Sister is married to a Coptic Egyptian and they have a big family that gets together each year. Gonna eat this Arabic meatloaf (kufta), that is made with lamb and beef and has hard-boiled eggs in the center. It's some good stuff.

17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

3 turkeys - 1 in the oven and 2 in the smoker (each one seasoned different. The wife and MIL is in charge of sides and deserts.

My responsibility lies on the patio with the smoker and a glass ful of Beam and ginger.

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Anybody here do any baking with sugar substitutes? Cookies and pies specifically. My cardiologist is being a real grinch.:down:

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

hey Metalhead - are you cooking all that stuff or is Shawneequa doing the heavy lifting (as usual)?.

:D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  20. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

If you up-grade to Knob Creek and forget the ginger, I'll stop by. Maker's Mark will do in a pinch.