1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who took the picture of...

Discussion in 'General' started by NinerPilot, Jul 6, 2004.

1. NinerPilot

NinerPilot Well-Known Member

The 3 corner workers in T11 at RA on Sunday? Id like to get a copy of it (them).
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

There were several photographers there, but if a picture was taken of corner workers I would guess that was VHS Photography. Try and PM Vicky or email her.

3. Bob Branam

Bob Branam Well-Known Member

Who got it

That would be PICSOFYOU John Robinson out of Danville Virginia
    His email is [email protected]

He was one of the PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS at Road Atlanta....

4. CROSSEDUP1

CROSSEDUP1 Well-Known Member

Re: Who got it

what EXACTLY is that supposed to mean?

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Who got it

YOU SUCK:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: Re: Who got it

Kinda curious about that myself....

Got an answer Bob?

7. CROSSEDUP1

Re: Re: Re: Who got it

thank you for that brilliant verbal attack, it must have been well thought out, the wording was intense. You are a master of simantics.....

hehe what a jerkoff
    :Poke:

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Re: Re: Re: Who got it

oohhhhhhh....hello pot:Poke:

9. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I think he's the same guy that whined about Jordan(Nemesis) snapping photos at Barber.

Sounds to me that he has it out for every Walmart Digicam owner.

10. Bob Branam

Bob Branam Well-Known Member

Professional meaning, business license, LIABILITY INSURANCE, and not shooting just for FUN. There are more and more and more of those buying consumers equipment and just having fun that might be mistaken for a professional.

11. CROSSEDUP1

Oh, you mean, like family and friends, and people that support us racers, taking pictures for there own personal use and to show off to others the pride they have in their racer family member or friend, and not someone who makes a living off of the racers and their families?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I tend to think anyone trying to slam their competitors even in a roundabout way is extremely unprofessional.

Just curious - being someone who buys liability insurance on a regular basis - exactly what does that do for a photographer? Cover you in case one of your employees runs over someone on the quad?

Also curious - in this atmosphere of club racing - why exactly do you continue to come to our races since there are so many amateurs who actually enjoy taking their own pictures and sharing them with their friends?

Guess I'm not professional in my job since I do it much more so for the fun than for the money. Guess I could be concerned about the money first like you and then I'd be professional too.

13. NinerPilot

NinerPilot Well-Known Member

Sorry, but my idea of a professional is one who takes good pictures, knows what he or she is doing, and works in a manner to attract future business. I have bought pics/cds from more than one photographer here and will continue to do so because they take good shots, are friendly and approachable, and some have even offerd me advice on camera settings when out shooting for fun and taking pics of my friends.
    Chris
    (likes to shoot for FUN)

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Hate to interject into this little spat....but since when is it wrong to make a living by selling someone a "luxury item"???

Sure give him a hard time about turning a profit selling blankets to seniors during the winter - but photos to guys with disposable income???!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I support the professional trackside snappers. They take great pics, and I dont see any of them making a killing on it. Its a service that you kinda have to be a pro to do well - and I can't do it since I'm racing a bike at the time....

Having said that - genuinely amateur photographers (or even aspiring professionals in training) should not be intimidated by the vendors trackside....

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Holy Mother Of Pearl!!! People are having FUN with cameras? And taking pictures without liability insurance??? What is the world coming to?!?!

If your product isn't good enough to easily differentiate you from a guy with a WalMart camera, maybe you have more to worry about than who is having fun and who is a pro. Hell, you didn't even take any pictures at all during the school mock race...probably the singular event that every participant would want pics from, since it's our first time racing, ever.

I do feel better that you have the liability insurance though...good going.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't believe anyone including crossedup has an issue with making money taking pix - if you don't want ot buy them then don't after all - but about slamming those who are doing it for fun. Seems as though the "professional" is actually the one intimidated since he's making the comments....

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

BTW - Most professionals wouldn't come to a possible deal and start pointing fingers and calling names like some 2 bit pole smoker..
    And from the pics on your site, you could take lessons from Ryan S. I think he could probably teach you a thing or two aout pics, and the biz...

18. CROSSEDUP1

I concur.

19. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

The majority of the photographers that I work with are kick ass people...we have a good time together while we're shooting and after the day is done. We sometimes eat together, drink together and laugh together. And if we don't have something that you are looking for we'll refer you to one of the others. There's enough bikes out there to take pictures of without the harshness of one photographer slamming another. We all work hard, we all have fun. That's what its all about right? :D

20. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

Werd