1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who is racing an f4

Discussion in 'General' started by gocr6, Jan 2, 2001.

1. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

if anyone is racing an f4, what type of clip ons are you using. i have a friend who is racing an f4 this year and still has to get clip ons and a steering dampener before feb 10. thanks

2. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

I don't have clipons yet, but I have had a Scott's Stabilizer for a while & I would recommend it. Very adjustable, and easy to mount, it's been excellent for me.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i heard of a looser in columbia trying to race one. ask him

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Isn't Tom riding one of those? (notice I didn't say race). [​IMG]

5. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

ouch stick, i'm tellin

6. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

FRKF4 is on one. See what she is running. As for clip-ons, you cannot beat Vortex. If you bend or break the bar (the clip-on will not- I tried) it's $12.

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

I race (screw you Tracee!) an F3 and an F4. Both have Vortex clip-ons cuz they're the best. Like Crasher74 said, replacable bars for $12 and I've never had a mount bend/break.

The F4 has a Scott's damper which I've only used twice, and the F3 has a fork/frame mounted Daytona damper. The fork mounted dampers bend too easy in a crash (bring on the crasher comments, I'm used to it) and the Scott's will definitely survive a crash better.

8. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Have your friend email me at [email protected]
    I have a new set that I can let go cheap.

9. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

hey wera 122, are you going to practice on the 14 at tall.?

10. Tracee Polcin

No, but he'll probally be riding in ATL. [​IMG]

11. wera122

wera122 Guest

No, I won't be there. I did the TGPR practice in Dec and it was cold enough. I'll be there for the first race in Feb.

And FYI Tracee, we went riding in NC this past weekend. Gotta have some variety, right? [​IMG]

12. Tracee Polcin

I hope it involved the TIW. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-03-2001).]

13. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

I know a guy who is racing an F4, he isn't very fast because the stock ape hanger bars.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

hey scuzzle, what are you racing next year? ooooooooooooo [​IMG]

15. wera122

wera122 Guest

It sure did. We went to our secret mountain hideaway and it was very cold and snowy. We had to stay indoors most of the time. [​IMG]

16. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

A guy named Patrick is gonna race an F4 this year. Novice #690 I think. He's Allan McClures friend.

17. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, he had the F4 at Roebling late last season. It was a work in progress but should be full race ready for this season. Allen and Patrick are good guys. I see them all the time when we show up early at most tracks.