1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Car Should I Test?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Apr 26, 2024.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I will be traveling to Amsterdam for a conference. As I did in 2019, I might go to Spa to see an event. This looks worthy of attending:

https://spaitalia.be/en/

Well, it turns out there is a track day for cars the previous day. With rentals available! I may have to do this.

Here are the options:

upload_2024-4-26_3-38-23.png

As much as I hate VAG cars, my choice right now is the VW Golf. What would you choose?

Maybe I should start a GoFundMe for this.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Depends on your budget :)

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Never driven any of those, but from what I have read, I would take the GT4 718. Honestly, I think you would have a blast in any of them. Go for light weight and handling over horsepower. Learning a new track and a new car with a ton of HP in 6 laps doesn't sound like the best idea to me, but if you regularly drive a 450+HP sports car then maybe it would be fine.

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Some silly cars on that list, but it’s sad that only 2 are offered in manual.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Not disagreeing, but there are a couple of cars on their list that are available with a manual, they just didn't provide one. Considering they are renting them to whoever shows up, probably not that crazy.

What a cool thing though! My only suggestion would be to get something rear wheel drive.

6. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Vegas is cheaper.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I personally would do the BMW M2.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

MK8 Golf R would be a great car, since AWD and new rear differential and DSG, it will be easy to deal with. The i30N(Elantra N here) is also great, but unless you're used to FWD vehicles, you may not enjoy all the potential wheel spin.

Civic Type R if available would be a nice one too, even though FWD, Honda's trick suspension and actual LSD limit wheelspin and well manual

Jed likes this.
  9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

F87 M2 - Thats an easy choice. Its not stupid expensive and its an excellent car. AND a manual if you want. :D

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yeah, but that 1.3-mile track in the desert doesn't even come close to the pedigree or speed at Spa. It also has nothing even close to Eau Rouge. Also, Spa is 4.3 miles long, so 3 laps at Vegas is about 1 lap at Spa. Botom line: that Vegas thing isn't quite as much the bargain. Yes, still available for less if you just want to get in a sport car on a track, but really apples to oranges.

BigBird likes this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That list is really how much do you want to spend on the following cars:

f87 m2
    Cayman gt4 (if you want a manual)
    Gt4rs (if you dont)
    Gt3
    Gt3rs

all the other cars on the list are distractions.

12. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Cadillac ct5v Blackwing all day!

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Manual M2 all day from that list for price vs grins