1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to you put your feet?

Discussion in 'General' started by guncrazy72, May 5, 2011.

1. guncrazy72

guncrazy72 Member

I'm just wanting to see how everyone keeps their feet on the rearset pegs while you are cornering.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the pegs?

3. bo1142

bo1142 Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I put my heels on the pegs and point my toes away from the bike, but thats only when I corner low.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Screw the pegs, I put them on the tail section and pretend I am superwoman. :up:

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I don't even think about it. I just make sure my inside foot isn't going to touch the ground because boots are expensive. If I was fast I would have something more cooler to say.

6. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

If by "rearsets" you mean

the passenger footrests, then yeah, that's where I park my paws.

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

outside foot on the peg, inside foot dangling.

8. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I have a bad habbit of riding with both feet up on the pegs...The ball of my feet that is.

Even when shifting i pull my feet back and slide it forward to hit a gear.

I just don't know if it's proper riding technique or not. It feels normal to me, but most pro pics I see heel on the pegs vs. ball of the foot/front toes on the peg. I have to say this is a question i wanted to ask, but figured it would end with everyone saying "personal preference".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sward

sward Active Member

Looks coolest if you keep your feet on the passenger pegs and shift with your hand.

10. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

During an AMA 883 race Scott Zampach had the tip of his shifter fall off while leading the race at Road America. He fell back to 3rd or 4th while he figured out how to ride while shifting with his hand. He finished in second.

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I keep both feet on the balls of my feet, inside and out. A lot of people say it is "better' to put the outside foot down to the heel, inside still on the ball. Not sure why, and I tried it, and didnt like it.

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid: I can't get used to the heel thing.

13. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Straight out the back...Rollie Free style!

14. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I use to do the same thing, problem I ran into was in right hand turns my outside foot was not in the shifting position since the ball of my foot was on the peg. The problem was with right hand turns with the ball of my foot on the peg my body position would be to far to the right. When I would go to shift my toes couldn't reach the shifter and I would have to adjust my body slightly back to the left to reach the shifter, shift, than scoot back right.

I found this upset the bike so I have been trying to keep my outside foot heel on the peg. now I can shift ok but my body position sucks. I'm going to try raising my pegs so I can reach the shifter easier.

15. Turbo storm

Turbo storm Well-Known Member

Yall are using pegs? Maybe that's why I'm so slow, I've got floorboards and forward controls on my GSXR.:mad:

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Ball of my foot just like vonstallin. Started out more street style and almost ground through a pair of boots at the toes.

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

There are not many turns in the SE that I shift, right hander, while cranked over (top of my head only one I can think of is T9 at Roebling) and even then I just pre, set my foot to shift, and make the shift, and at that it is not at full lean but closer to exit of the turn, so no sweat.

different strokes though. I also used standard shift up until mid year last year. Only reason I changed is we were talking about going endurance racing, and I knew I was odd man out, so I had to re-learn GP shift again (had done it in the past, and went back standard)

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

i started putting the ball of my foot on the peg, inside and outside after motojoe suggested it as my instructor at the first trackday i did. goofy bastid must not know what he was talking about because im still not very fast :D but in all seriousness thats what is now comfortable for me and i even do it on the street. just slide my left foot forward to shift and then it goes right back on the ball of my foot as soon as im done shifting. only problem is it makes shifting mid-corner (i.e. the sweeper at nashville) somewhat uncomfortable and difficult.

19. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

NOt MY fault you are like 12' tall with size 16 shoes, stuffing yourself on an SV650.

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Firmly planted so you can weight the pegs! :p