Where is Scott Gray and ....

Discussion in 'General' started by kulddy, Dec 10, 2001.

1. kulddy

kulddy Well-Known Member

Does he have an e-mail address?
    I miss him on the scene {you think Gobey was big, wait till you meet Scott}
    kulddy
    I miss his style (like mine he always had to ride way over his head and with overpowered machines and went through tires like they were depends at the local nursing home. Dats cuse we be 240 lb's +)
    Forward him this and if ya know where he be have him email me i would love some of his crossed up, sliding, wheelies on exits.
    Wayne

------------------

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i thought he was cool too. he had a funny sense of humor about his size. i remember him laughing about it on camera at pomona. 93/94 maybe.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Scott on the Yosh FUSA bike was seriously cool.

JU - How about a "where are they now" series? Something like that would keep Swarts busy for a little while [​IMG]

4. Roberto Pollara

Roberto Pollara Well-Known Member

Scott Gray was a study in extremes.
    He inspired JU to generate his best ever headline -- AR circa 87-88.

"It's not over until the FAT BOY whines"

Gray and Larry Shorts crashed each other out at Sears turn 5 with Shorts breaking a collar bone. Gray punched out the wounded Shorts on the edge of the track!

In 86 Gray pulled a similar stunt after he took out Ian Piero in turn 11 at Sears.
    Another Gray classic took place at Rd Atl FUSA - back when WERA had it - with Gray standing defiantly in his front row grid position without his bike!
    It was over despite his whining.
    Scott Gray -- Mr Extreme.

5. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Don't forget the time he collided with Pat Hernon at Daytona, and ran over and kicked Hernon in the ass as he lay in the dirt next to the track.

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Come on now. Ya'll quit pickin' on fatboy [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Ex CCS Racer (edited 12-12-2001).]

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On a non Scott Gray beating on someone front, I always laugh when I think about his teaming with Quarterly for the Formula USA team challenge. "The Farm Team": A Duc, A Kaw, and Two pigs riding them. [​IMG]

8. kulddy

kulddy Well-Known Member

So no one has answered my question yet (and P.S. I think Dale under classes Scott by just a tad), where da heck dat dere red neck be?
    Kulddy
    He and Lee Sheirts were the absolute most n to watch on a FUSA bike BEFORE OR SINCE. I just don't think normal people can get a nitro/alky bike that sideways and still get it around the corner. HE HEHEHE what a mental pic. hey JU just post one of either of them commin outta 8-9 at willow on a FUSA bike for ole' time sake.
    [​IMG]

------------------

9. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Since everyone is reminiscing. What about Paul Brey, Greg Tysor, Mike Harth, etc? I think those guys used to be fast. [​IMG]

10. Roberto Pollara

Roberto Pollara Well-Known Member

Paul Bray - ended his racing career from crippling injuries on the team Mad Dog FUSA yamaha at Phoenix. Paul lives in the Atlanta area, rides a Harley sidecar rig and operates a succesful construction business.
    Greg Tysor - still racing. Flat tracking on a SV650, good starts but too little steam for the Harleys. Greg is the head honcho for continental tires.
    Mike Harth - still racing. Suz 750 supersport at Daytona and Rd Atl recently. Mike relocated back to Oklahoma a few years ago.