1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you mount your GoPro?

Discussion in 'General' started by DaddyPhatSaks, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

Anyone mount it on your front fender? Id like to have it there but just would think there would be too much vibration. I guess the best spot for it for front angle shots is on the tank or front fairing?

JBall likes this.
  2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Seen one the other day on a steering wheel. Karaoke?

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Skutr CycleMount pieces are real nice. They mount to the front fairing bracket, along with the undertail/subframe on many bikes. No vibration at high speeds.

Woodcraft is the distributor for them.

DaddyPhatSaks likes this.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

My R6 came with a gopro mount on the webbing of the front brake caliper, but I have mine mounted off one the the GPR stabilizer mounting bolts. Works good to get the tach in the shot, and is quite vibration-free.

5. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I'll second this. I've got two of them. Quality piece and, like Eddy said, no vibration at high speeds. I also got both from Woodcraft. :D

6. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

I have a ReplayXD (I strongly dislike GoPro) mounted to my front fender. I have a rivet through the mount and the fender to support the sticky tape and the ReplayXD is powered directly from my bike so the power line acts as a secondary catch if the rivet were to fail. The only vibration I get is from the track surface and I like the view that I get from the camera.

backcountryme and DaddyPhatSaks like this.
  7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

How do these mount to the subframe? Stock holes, or drill something?

8. I keep mine mounted in the cabinet under the TV.

I've had a GoPro at the track every weekend for like 6 years, and am yet to use one. I don't even know how to set them up and do it. I keep saying I'm going to start videoing races, then I get to the track and get busy and don't mess with it.

When working for the Speed Academy they would mount one on my upper for videoing students and it worked great.

Eddie Span and DaddyPhatSaks like this.
  9. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Top of the gas tank. It is situated in such a way that it doesn't interfere with my helmet when tucked. I get the speedometer and tach, and you can see both hands and controls. It is helpful to see where I am braking, how far I am trail-braking, and where I am picking up on the gas.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

With the GSX-R's, it mounted to the passenger footpeg bracket. With the the R1, it mounts to the undertail, where the license plate assembly normally goes. That position is perfect for good rear-facing footage.

Note: Just make sure you request the mount with the smaller ID for the holes, as there are two mounting bracket options with the Skutr pieces.

11. sowega

sowega #710

Usually on the dresser, so she can't see the red light blinking.

12. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

That's a very personal questions, but if you really must know, behind closed doors!

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I've had them on the fender with no vibration

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

chin bar of the helmet

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yep.

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I love my Ram Mount which provides a rock-solid mounting point to the steering stem. Provides a perfect point of view through the windshield and doesn't hinder vision when in a tuck. Won't provide video to show stability since that is no-bueno (?) but it also allows me to spin it around 360 degrees in a snap if I want to get a different view.

Plus, since it is hard-mounted to the steering assembly, you get a nice indicator of stability under acceleration/braking since any movements are translated through the video.

Here is what it looks like on the bike:
    [​IMG]

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cover it with tape. That's what I do. Preferably electrical tape. Can't see it at all.

18. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

You can switch that light off on the menu ... um, so I've heard. :D

19. Nah, too easy. :D

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Love my ReplayXD.
    I have mounted mine on the front and rear fenders as well as the swingarm.