Whats the skinny on Atlanta Motorsports Park ?

Discussion in 'General' started by gpracer15, Dec 29, 2010.

1. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Zoning is rarely permanent; hence the zoning process allows for change via hearings and conditional use permits and variances and other processes. Development rarely makes the existing residents/land owners happy.

It is noteworthy to point out that if the horse farm folks were truly and deeply concerned about the development of the parcel across from them they could have purchased the property outright or an option on it.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

For grins I rode out there about an hour ago...Nothing seems to be paved..graveled, final graded, and still some rough grading needed...the only activity was they were hauling a big assed earthmover/dumptruck away from the sight, in fact little has changed significantly since I was there over a month ago on the "Tour".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not, For or Against....just pointing out Facts of what is and what was.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weather seems to have set them back alittle, but this is the weather we have in Georgia in the Winter.

Curious thing how the City of Dawsonville has gerrymandered the City Limits to include this and a few other parcels owned by some "Special Interests" in the Area...Curious thing indeed Politics.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm all for it.

The problem is they're billing this as one thing, and booking dates as another. Driving education country club and now they're talking about WERA and AMA running? Also, they are doing a sound study in Big Canoe, a luxury homes development. They want to see what's the impact of AMP once it opens, piss enough of those folks off there and they'll legislate that thing out of existence.

I'll s@it if they have anything going by March.

p.s. Yup, those pictures look about the same the last time I was there few weeks ago.

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I posted a comment about the fact that most of the hits were probably from people looking for information on how to ride/drive there, but of course it never saw the light of day. ;)

7. STT-Rider

Nothing "curious" at all about a municipality wanting a commercial enterprise within its boundries so that they can receive tax revenue. Annexing parcles for tax base is SOP.

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up:

you owe me a Heineken

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Have YOU actually LOOKED at the Tax and Propery Maps???

You could actually read what I am saying as: (Do you have any clue what the fuck you are talking about)

IF not send me your email address and I will provide them for you...so you can actually come to this with some specific knowledge and not just generalized BS.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

11. chris218

chris218 Say when................

NOLA

Heck Monte, Move your AMP dates down here to NOLA MP. It is a lot further along. :up:

12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. STT-Rider

In a word, “yes” Britt.

Bonnie and I did a great deal of Due diligence on AMP for a variety of reasons. Over the last couple of years I have seen enough maps to last a lifetime between AMP and Bluegrass...

As I mentioned, this type of creative boundary drawing is not that uncommon. As an example, in our little hometown there is a 150 yard wide “neck” of land which connects the main body of the town to an annexed parcel of about 350 acres where development is highly expected (to take place. It was annexed a couple of years ago and at the same time some wilderness was “deannexed” because of the cost of fire fighting should a wild fire occur.

For folks to think that the land around them will remain “as is” forever is unrealistic and for folks to think that they can control property which belongs to others without compensation is even more so. Want it to stay as you wish? BUY IT or make sure it is permanent zoning for open space, ag use, etc...without that it's taking a risk.

It does seem that money (tax money and some jobs in this case) talks and this project represents a potential nice cash infusion into the tax base of the municipality in which it is located. That seems a positive for most of the residents hence the elected officials approval and judiciary approvals. Yes, it is a buzzkill for someone but so is that road widening project (talk to David Upchurch…) and so it that factory and so is that Wal-Mart ..etc.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  14. STT-Rider

Let Richard Harris know about this track....I've been put out to pasture in Utah.:up:

Richard can be reached at Richard(at)Sportbiketracktime(dot)com

15. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Public Service Announcement

The opinions of STT Rider are those of an individual who no longer owns STT. Please do not confuse these ramblings with the actual owner of STT.

If AMP is on the STT schedule for 2011 then I can assure you Richard (the real owner of STT) truly believes the track will be online with bikes on track. Like anything else shit can happen. If it does I am confident the response from STT will be professional in every way.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I am NOT against the AMP in general...just how it came to be, at the cost of it's neighbors.

So don't send me hate mail.

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Sounds like the split was very pleasant.

18. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Not sure about that really. Just trying to point out the fact the guy who is always getting in stupid arguments on the internet is not the owner of STT. His view point does not necessarily reflect that of STT.

Personally I think he should change his user name and signature as it could create some confusion moving forward.

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Yep, until you pointed it out I still thought he was the owner. Although he mentioned being put out to pasture in Utah.:up:

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

the way he himself stated it on the STT forum, was that he sold the majority share to Richard. Sounded like he still has a stake in it to me. I may be wrong, but thats the way i read it.