1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best ISP?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ex CCS Racer, May 27, 2002.

1. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'm dumping this AOL crap. I'd like some feedback on what ya'll think is the best. Features, quality, price, blah, blah, blah..... It'll still be stupid dial up for now:mad:

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Can you get Bell South DSL? I have a Charter cable modem which was ultra fast when I first got it 2 years ago. Now, friends who have DSL have a slight performance advantage, but not by much.

3. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I dumped the ISP's and went with Roadrunner thru my cable company. It's under $30 a month (if you have cable) and so far it's been great. Web sites load instantly and transferring info is fast and easy. I've been on it now for 6 months and have zero complaints or problems.
    It works for me:)

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Roadrunner for under $30/month? Last time I checked it was like $49.95 here(I do have cable too).

5. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

no dude, i had roadrunner in cola. $39.95 a month, sure beats $25 for aol and $20 for the extra phone line, and all you get for it is about 5k of bandwidth, DEFINATELY get a cable modem, the only thing I don't like about them is that now that's i'm looking at houses, no matter how nice they are, if they don't have cable service I won't consider it, in other words once you get a cable modem, you can never go back to ISP's, can I get a hell yeah?

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

RR is $45 here, but sure worth it... fast and unlimited

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

definitely road-runner!!!!!!

8. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I dug out my bill and I'm getting Roadrunner for 26.55 a month. This is the rate when you go with the cable package. I'm with Time Warner and have the Digital satelite package (28.45). My total bill for cable and RR is 56.50/mo. No extra phone line needed and only a couple bucks more than AOL. I'll never go back.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'll have to check into that. Thanks.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Don't forget, unless you buy a cable modem you will pay an extra monthly fee for leasing it from the provider. ;)