1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What year wheels work on a 08 cbr100rr???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cbr900cycle, Jul 28, 2009.

1. cbr900cycle

cbr900cycle Well-Known Member

What year wheels work on a 08 cbr100rr??? I need a set of wheels for this bike and if anyone you what years will work on the 08, please let me know. I have called Honda in two shops and got different answers, I do not trust them.
    Thanks
    Tim

2. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^^ those are very special wheels. they are some of the lightest stock wheels ever produced and the older cbr1000rr's wheels are not spaced the same way. i don't believe you can run any other year cbr1000rr wheels on that bike.

3. Mlaud1000RR

Mlaud1000RR HONDA

I think you can but you will need different spacers:up:

4. Dr. GoFast

^^ i think it's more complicated than that tho because of the different caliper/rotor setup. PM "dt_rr" - he will know.

5. khill

khill Well-Known Member

04-07 Rear CBR1000 works......Front is only 08-09 CBR1000

6. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

Thats what I heard

7. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Fronts can be made to work with a little machining, I hope this is allowed and if it isn't delete my post, but go to 1000rr.net and do a search on the subject. There's a few people who have done such mods there.

8. cbr900cycle

cbr900cycle Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I think that I will just wait untill I find 08 09 oem wheels to know for sure

9. Dr. GoFast

^^ yea, plus if you go with the 04-07 they're heavier.

10. Where's Tim ?

Where's Tim ? Well-Known Member

Wow , a CBR 100 RR ? The 1000 got too much power for you ? :Poke:
    No seriously , I would try 2008 CBR1000 wheels on that CBR100 of yours .They should fit !:moon: