1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I do?

Discussion in 'General' started by mineshaved, May 16, 2010.

1. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

Try to follow me here, lol. I have a 04 gsxr600 trackbike, a 06 gsxr600 streetbike and a 02 sv650. My girlfriend rides the sv. I want to sell my street bike cause I really dont ride street and can use some of this money to put my girlfirend on the track. Im not having an easy time selling my 06. I think I may have an easier time selling the sv. My girlfriend is comfortable on her sv but wants nothing to do with my 600s. She never really rode it but is pretty intimidated when it comes to it. Selling my trackbike isnt the best option (i think) cause I cant get much for it.. not to mention it is pretty well set up for me. I was thinking i can change the gearing on the 600 so it isnt so snappy, but not sure if thats the way to go. Any suggestions? thanks

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If she's happy on the SV, I would NOT force her to the 600. No matter how you regear it, the bike will feel different from the SV. The SV is an excellent, cheap track bike. Wait out selling the GSXR. If you try to convert her, good chance you'll never get her comfortable on the track.

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I have been trying to sell a 125 that has $10k in it for $4800 and have not even gotten a call. It is a tough time to sell a bike.

4. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Evaluate what you could possibly get for the 600 selling it as a whole bike and compare that to what you could get for it if you parted it out, You may do far better and have some stuff left over to put on the SV and improve it for her.

Just a thought.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no matter how the logic works out, doing something the girlfriend doesn't want to do will cost you dearly in the long run..

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1 :up:

7. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

IMO the SV650 is the perfect track bike. Teaches you to carry more corner speed and actually how to use the brakes. She will learn much faster on the SV and she is already comfortable. Why change anything? Screw the street, track is where its at!

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. mineshaved

cool, I agree keeping her on the sv, but figured i may be able to sell it easier and maybe she could get used to the 600 (although not the best scenario). I have been asking 4800 for the 06 street bike figuring thats a decent price. I have been seeing alot of bikes around 4 and some are 5 years older and have some rash on them.. What can a possibly get parting it out, cause once i start parting it out It will suck to try to reverse that process.. (trying to make it whole again).. thanks for the input!!

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Look at the classified Parts For Sale here and on some other forums like Gixxer.com, and get an idea what you could get for the major items, like frame, motor, wheels, fork, tank. bodywork, fairing mount. The little stuff usually only brings a few dribs and drabs of $, unless you package it creatively, like selling the whole hand controls and bars set up as a package.

Ebay the little stuff. Just figure from the start that you will lose 10% of that stuff to various scammers, write them off and don't get your knickers in a twist about a few bucks worth of stuff.

Another thing. Your labor is worth money, so figure that if you sold ten items you would spend about three hours in packing, shipping and communication with the buyers. Factor that in to what you plan to make off it when you decide.

10. mineshaved

yeah.. I may wait alittle until I try parting it out.. Thanks for the help!!