What is protocol when on a seller doesn't ship these days?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Purchased a part for my truck off of a FB group, called the guy prior to sending the $170 just to make sure he was legit. Nothing made me think otherwise, just wanted to make sure it didn't seem super sketch.

I'll be damned if my intuition was wrong. After talking to the guy at length, shooting the breeze, etc - I was beyond comfortable with the transaction.

We agreed on a price that included shipping, and I sent him PayPal goods and services via a credit card + $5 to cover fees. He called that night telling me shipping was $60, but never asked me to pay for it. I assumed that was the reason for his call (sticker shocked that shipping on a $165 item was $60), but he really just shot the breeze about Ram trucks for 20 minutes. He also sent me a picture of the physical copy of his receipt from FedEx.

He texted that night and asked if I could pay for shipping. I looked up shipping via a FedEx online account, and found that you could do it for $37. Offered to split it with him, and got some resistance of the hassle factor. That was the last I heard from him.

I've called him and texted a few times, today I saw he blocked me on FB. I know where he works, but I think he figured out what I was doing when I called because nobody picks up now.

I filed with PayPal and my credit card, but have heard that PayPal has limitations in these situations.

Any other options?

2. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Street justice.

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

His full name, address and 3 ft screwdrivers!

Dragginass, evakat, NemesisR6 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Claw back via Paypal and then Burn him down on the forum you bought from.

Banditracer and TurboBlew like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive never had a problem with credit card disputes on paypal. They (Paypal) dont have a leg to stand on or fund from.

Newyork and ToofPic like this.
  6. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Good to know. I shall sit back and wait for my refund then!

7. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

PayPal will take are of you. It's definitely geared to take care of the buyer and even when I've had proof of shipment and signed receipt, they will side with the buyer claiming they never got it. In this case, it should work in your favor.

On the other hand, I'm wondering what you'd have to do as a seller to prevail. I think that if you literally sent PayPal a link to a YouTube video of the buyer bragging about how they cheated you out of the item with a video of him using it in the video... PayPal would still grant them the refund.

-shrug-

8. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

How is this for timing? I just got notification of my refund!

TurboBlew and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

He's just ahead of the blankets and bats party.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

A pair of Sox , doubled up and filled with nickels is much more satisfying than a bat is :D

11. 55gal Drum of Uppercuts poured all over that motherfucker.

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Can’t stand when people underestimate their own sale prices and then get all salty when the buyer doesn’t want to pay for their ignorance….nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Shit in his fort.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I bought a watch from a seller in England who didn't provide proper documentation. I eventually got a refund from PayPal however their watch is still stuck in customs and its been 5 months

15. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Agreed, that is exactly what happened. He agreed on a shipped price, found out that he should have calculated prior to committing, then wanted me to cover it. I could have told him to pound sand, but I offered an alternative. Rather than accept it, he ghosted me but ironically texted me right after I got the refund with a BS reply.

Am I glad to know that PayPal gives good protection, I feared that I'd get the short end on this one.

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

You know where he works. Call his manager and tell them he touched you in no no places on company time.

evakat likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Go with a modern swatting. Call his work and report him and Wuhan positive.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that would get him 2 weeks of paid FMLA... he,'d be out there scamming all sorts of FB marketplace shoppers

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Glad to hear that all is well…I always use PayPal when buying from people I don’t know because of situations such as this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk