1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with car people?

Discussion in 'General' started by baconologist, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

my kid just got new, white new balance on Saturday. :D

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Whats wrong with her?

Oh wait thats pretty obvious!

britx303 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Going off on the mini-K is rarely a good idea, even taking into consideration her evil DaveK genetics.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NB makes the cleats that maybe 50 to 60% of the lax girls use (when they are paying for them).
    NB kills it in lacrosse and soccer with their cleats.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Imagine being such a curmudgeon asshole that you get angry that people want to connect with you over a shared interest. Never change, you grumpy old farts. :beer:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I get people asking about how I like the Q5 when I drive it. Almost every time I drive it.
    Usually moms but occasionally a dad asking because he is thinking about getting one or a Q7 for the wife. :D

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

IFS hunk of crap.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What is wrong with it?

9. Knotcher

Haha, nothing really. Except trucks are solid axle. :)

GM is dead to me with that tailgate that can turn into an ironing board, or a sandwich making station, or a laundry counter.

pickled egg likes this.
  10. TWF2

Seems smoother drive than other trucks I been in.

11. Knotcher

IFS absolutely is smoother and has less bump steer. Feels less like a… what’s the word…

truck.

:D

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Big F1 fan?

13. TWF2

I got SxS for shuffling my organs :D

Knotcher likes this.
  14. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

It's always a fun time at the gas station when the troglodyte in the Cheek Clapper 3000 Pontiac Gran Prix talks about going 160mph on public streets.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

This place always seems to amaze :crackup:

Sudowoodo likes this.
  16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Ferraris are just on different level, everything about them is just more pure. Their cars exude style and beauty.
    Some of the hardcore Porsche guys I know, have a real 'chip on their shoulder" calling Ferrari owners pretentious and say their owners want attention....
    Ya, So what...seriously as if their any different.

Every single Porsche,Corvette , Hot rodder ,racer etc.. Ive ever known....enjoys the attention..no matter what they say.

Introvert / Underdog or Extrovert/ Showoff...it's the same primal act of ( competition). No matter your playing field.
    Can't ever convince me otherwise..myself included...

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You. Lawn. GTF off it. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  18. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thats different. Asking questions about the car/truck and being generally interested in WHAT I BUILT.
    Is very different than starting a convo with a compliment then rambling on about YOUR COLLECTION OR SHIT PILE. IdGAF about your braggert ass at that point. STFU and go away.

Rebel635 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

people ask about random stock SUVs....interesting folks out there

20. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

I had a really nice silver Porsche, way beyond what I thought I'd ever be able to own. I told my friends that I liked that the color was understated, because I didn't need to have it shout, "Hey everybody, look at me!" Those that know cars, would know how nice it was. I was good with that.

Not long after, I had an opportunity to upgrade to an even higher-spec Porsche - this one bright red ("Guards Red"). As soon as I saw it I fell completely in love and had to have it. Suddenly my mantra became "Well, I guess if you spend that much on a car, you might as well have one that's going to be noticed!" :crackup:

Rebel635, trussdude and BigBird like this.