1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What classes to race with F2 and CB750?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Preparing to enter for Jenning. What classes work for the F2 and CB750? I know RTFRB but you guys will have a better handle on what classes to run (ie schedule bump up etc...). Also if any body has a set of F2 wheels they want to sell contact me.

Thanks
    Jon

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I may have some wheels for you. I will have to check.

I should be able to look this weekend. If so, I will bring them to Jennings.

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was hoping someone would meet at Jennings with the wheels as I have started seperating stuff to load for the trip and the truck will be too full. 4 bikes, spares beer etc...

4. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

As long as it is not more than 1mm over stock bore and it does not have an aftermarket/Factory race frame or head the CB750 is V3 legal

Vintage 3:

Pre 1974 2-stroke up to 500cc.

Pre 1974 4-stroke push-rod up to 750cc (3 cylinders max).

Pre 1974 OHC up to 750cc.

Iron barreled H-D Sportsters up to 883cc (+.060” overbore).

Among the eligible V 3 machines are the following: BMW R75/6; BSA/Triumph 650 and 750cc models; Ducati 750, 750SS; Honda 550F, 750F; Moto-Guzzi 750; Norton 650 and 750cc models; Yamaha XS650 regardless of year.

V-3 exclusions: No after-market or factory racing heads or road racing frames.

Otherwise it is a V4 bike,

If it is V3, I'll see you at Jennings, take it easy on my 400

5. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I built it to be AHRMA legal so it should be eligible. I do not think you have a lot to worry about as I have never raced Jennings and my goal for next season is to have fun and not crash for the chance of a trophy. The bike does suffer from not having the HRC head (HRC head has smaller exhaust valve). Its main issues stem racing Daytona in 2002 and winning two championships in Oregon without a rebuild. It still hauls ass but seems to be missing the old snap it had.

So it looks like V3, V7 middle weight and V7 heavy weight for a bump up. 4 weeks until I leave, and I do feel the need to get on the track NOW!!

Good luck

Jon