1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a day...

Discussion in 'General' started by Photo_Chick, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Both moms in the hospital. Was visiting mom in law at the nursing home today and when I got there I could tell she needed to go to ER. In a lot of pain, short of breath, very weak. Just got back from there a few hours ago. She has 2-3 liters of fluid on her lungs, trying to figure out why that's happening, just had 800 cc's taken out about 5 weeks ago. She'll be there for at least a week.

About an hour ago, I get a call from my aunt in Oregon, my mom fell and was in the ER in Eugene, Oregon. They thought she broke her back but it's a compression fracture. At her age, it will take some time to heal. She's in a lot of pain but the outlook is very good. It's taking everything to not just jump on an airplane and go out there. As the title says, what a day! Healing prayers for both my moms please. They both raised me to be the awesome woman I am today, lol!

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

prayers sent, get well soon!

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Nobody in the nursing home had figured out your MIL was in distress? Might be time for a new home.

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Man, sorry to hear that. A full and speedy recovery for both Mom's..

5. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, this is supposedly one of the best out there. I had called the doc two days prior and told him she needed xrays and that she was short of breath, pain in her rib area, etc. I just assumed he had done it. Not! When I was there today they told me the xrays were scheduled for later that afternoon. Sorry, not waiting. Decided to take her to the ER. Pulmonary doctor said it was a good thing I did. He said it could have been really bad if I had waited. I have my fingers crossed that she will bounce back but she still has her broken hip she's still healing from and has fallen several times in the last couple weeks. She is stubborn and refuses to stay in the bed!

6. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Any racers or friends in Eugene Oregon that can stop in at McKenzie Willamette Hospital and check in on Bonnie Hill would be greatly appreciated

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Prayers sent

8. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Sorry to hear about your moms Vicki. It's a HUGE plus that they both have positive outlooks as docs generally seem to set pessimistic expectations and are pretty stingy with good news. Hoping for a quick recovery for them both. :)

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Good luck, you're carrying a heavy load right now.
    The upside is that both of them have you to look out for them.
    Stay strong, but seek out some hugs.

10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Both seem to be doing better today. Thanks for the prayers!!!

11. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent! Hope your day gets better!

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Prayers sent.
    Hope things get better.:up:

13. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

Prayers sent!

(( HUGS )) for you. :)

14. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Vicki, Hope they both heal up quick!!