1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wera West's Cal Speedway event on 7-8

Discussion in 'General' started by Crash1k, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

There was a crash that ended the A Superstock event... I'm referring to the one that had several riders on the back straight suddenly throwing their left hand up and getting all over the front brakes..

Who was that and what exactly happened? I was behind 3 or 4 guys and my vision was obstructed enough that I didn't see the crash in front of them until I passed something or someone on the track at well over 100 mph..

Anyone have some more details?

2. Crash1k

anyone? Mongo? I know you were there...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but for the life of me I can't remember which crash this was.

4. Crash1k

Mongo, who was the guy in the room where the girls were handing out trophies and checks, that spent forever on the phone with what seemed like a cc company...

5. LVDJC

LVDJC Well-Known Member

The guys name was Mattias U. He hit the back straight bump and it created a tank slapper which threw him over the front of the bars. He broke a bone in his hand I believe and the bike was in pretty bad shape. If you know Mickey from SoCal Track days you can ask him exactly what happened. He was one of the guys who just missed him. It could of been a lot worse. Just glad Matt walked away from it. He is a good guy!! :up:

6. Crash1k

I am another guy that just missed him.. but the difference between Mickey and I, was that Mickey saw it coming.. kinda at least. I didn't know he was in the middle of the track, until I passed him. He was blocked by the bikes in front of me, didn't even know he had gone down.

It happens so fast at those speeds, but it felt like as soon as Mickey and the others in front of me were throwing up their left hands, I was immeadiately grabbing a hand full of brake as I passed him at what must have been close to 130 or so... It also seemed like I missed him by only a foot or two..

I started thinking about it afterwards, and thought that if I T-Boned him, I probably would have killed him at those speeds.

Glad to hear he is okay. I'll have to try and look him up.

7. Lvninja

Lvninja Well-Known Member

What where you doing going 130mph :eek: speeder:D

8. swederacer

swederacer Well-Known Member

Just ran across this thread about my crash at fontana in July. I was too dazed to really realize I almost got hit. By the time I came to and crawled off the track most everyone had already passed. BIG Thanks to everyone who managed to miss me sitting on the straight! Don't even wanna think about what would have happend if I got hit.

Shattered a few bones in my hand and broke my wrist...pretty much fully recovered now though. Working on rebuilding the bike now so I can make the last race at LVMS in Nov.

Don't think I had anyone right behind me when it happend, but if anyone has any info or saw what happend I'd be happy to hear about it.

9. Crash1k

Call Mickey at SoCalTrackDays he was in front of me and should have seen what happened... glad to hear your doing well..

10. swederacer

swederacer Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah I've talked to Mickey a few times about it, but no real clairity yet. Just real bad headshake from poor suspension setup is my conclusion. Those bumps in the chicane helped out a lot too! :)