1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA MotoGP Fantasy League 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Big bird won. Congrats. I got second with Dan right behind me. Each of us separated by a point.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's close. Perfectly illustrates why I was saying for years that correctly guessing the bottom five is more important than the podium.

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Congrats Bird!!!

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Great season, everyone. Went down to the last race, and that even produced a good shake up and a top three can't get any closer. I am sure you all (and even me too) finding that I did better than everyone else who failed to win anything somewhat fitting.
    Final Results
    Championship:
    1st place-BigBird
    2nd place-Quicktoy
    3rd place-dandubeau

Round winners:

1 Quicktoy
    2 backbone
    3 Phl218
    4 BigBird
    5 kramerica
    6 sbk1198
    7 motorkas
    8 dandubeau
    9 motorka
    10 Quicktoy
    11 kramerica
    12. kramerica/Phl218 (tie)
    13. thedirector46
    14.dandubeau

Pool monies: 23 players x $60 per, total of $1380.
    Per discussions way back when the season started but amounted to an abbreviated calendar, we had some discussion about how to modify the original idea of either $20 or 1/3 of the allocation for the weekly winners. The net amount of the latter model spread across 14 racers was just near 30 so to make it easy to compute, we will go with $30 bucks per race. So, that segments the total 1380 into
    14x30 = $420 for race winners;
    leaving 1380 - 420 = $980 for the championship pool.
    That 980 gets split 80/15/5 percent to the top three for a breakdown of 784/147/49
    From all this we have the following payout list:
    Bigbird - 784 +30 = $814
    Quicktoy - 147 +60 = $207
    dandubeau - 49 +60 = $109
    kramerica - $75
    motorkas - $60
    phl218 - $45
    backbone -$30
    sbk1198 - $30
    thedirector46 -$30

I also had a commissioner-sponsored side bet for the funniest comment, and I chose:
    in response to Phil's comment about sending 80 bucks in. Rob will get a mail package with some homebrews for Christmas.

Finally, we all owe a debt of gratitude to jksoft for creating a great online app for making the game run just like we wanted. I haven't quite figured out how I intend to make him know he's a cool cat, but it will be something.

Payments will go out in the next 24 hours. Someone check my math. :beer:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    backbone, badmoon692008, HPPT and 5 others like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Top 3 decided by 2 points....wow! Can't get any closer than that. Top 4 by 7 points

After all those rounds...WOW!!

That last minute change probably +40 points. I had pol to win and binder in 3rd and miller in 2nd. And I was like what am I thinking.

Thanks again @dsapsis and @jksoft . I would like to contribute to any hosting or maintenance fees, so let me know.

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Fantastic season, was great playing with you all!!! Thanks for the platform @jksoft and all the work that came with it

I might take a break next year, for the sheer fact that I want to go back enjoying the races vs. worrying that my picks end up being somewhat right

but I am also sure that when the time comes, my competitive spirit will come back up with it :D

Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Congrats Big Bird, well deserved last lap pass for the win.

I shuffled my picks around for about 40 minutes last night, and at the last minute wiped Cal off the list from 5th thinking he'd bin it. That put Binder on for 15th, and cost me 3 points for not having Cal on there....It might have adjusted the scoring for some other guys a bit, but 3 points sure would have been handy.....lol

I threw a hail mary today and it was caught, just wasn't enough. :D

Thanks Jeremy for the software side, awesome job. Thanks for organizing it too Dave. Great year, already can't wait to do it again. Next year is bird season....

9. Quicktoy

Can’t thank everyone involved enough. Had an absolute blast. Can’t wait until next season again congrats to the bird. This was truly a fun time.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners!!!! I’ve proven my lack of talent in picking the winners.

@jksoft I really appreciate the hard work you put into writing the software for this game. @dsapsis thank you for your work on this and also the microbrew. I can’t wait to drink some of what you send with Tyler.

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

WOW! I left the house right after the GP round so I haven't been able to check all the results until now. What a great round for Dan! A lot of us were pretty even this time if you don't count Dan smoking us like Oliveira did with the rest of the field! lol So freakin close to jumping from 4th to the win! Top 3 covered 2 points only, that's crazy! Congrats BigBird, Quicktoy, and Dan! Also thanks to dsapsis and jksoft for all the work throughout the season! Let's try to get more people in next time cuz this was fun.

12. dsapsis

@dandubeau -- ok to use wife's email for payout? She is going to be stoked more came back than went in! (that sounded funny.)
    She obviously has a sense of humor, as the note that accompanied the deposit was "From Dan Dubeau, motorcycle related shit (MotoGP fantasy league)".

HPPT, Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thanks Dave!

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

Also thanks from me Dave.

15. dsapsis

All payments sent except Dan's -- waiting on confirmation. Let me know if any of you expecting recipients didn't get transfer.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

WOW. Watching this thing come down to the last round was as much fun as actually watching GP! Congrats to the winners!

My consistency was annoying. I placed from 6th to 8th all season, and it was driving me crazy. I made a couple of desperation picks the last few weekends. I even took Miller out of my top 15 this round predicting a crash. Doh!

@jksoft, Pridmore and White mentioned on their last podcast that they were interested in having someone put together a Fantasy league for MotoAmerica next year. Might be something there for you if you were interested! The interface was awesome and a hell of an effort for the first year. Thanks, man! Absolutely happy to contribute for whatever costs you incurred; let us know.

@dsapsis, got the money for The Director 46, and already forwarded along. Thanks! My wife is 2 for 2 in being more successful than me in this league. This is pretty high on my list of things I'm not happy about right now. It's just below COVID-19 and just above running out of my favorite pickles this afternoon.

18. Quicktoy

Ooooh MotoAmerica in this format would be a blast!!!

payment confirmed. Thank you.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

lol, ya, all good to use her paypal. She was taking the piss outta me last night about this being the only money I've ever won from motorcycle racing, and I did it all from the couch lol

Thanks for organizing this Dave, much appreciated.

sbk1198, Chino52405, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  20. Quicktoy

Lmfao. She’s a keeper.